What's new

Saturday morning breakfast

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Bob Segar on the jukebox at 6:57am. Hoping it won't be as bad as the highway sign advertises.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 65
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 65
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 65
I could never resist adding all the stuff to my hash browns ("Scattered, Smothered, Chunked, and Topped"). Waffle House eggs and hash browns are pretty good after a night on the town.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
("Scattered, Smothered, Chunked, and Topped").

I'm such a WASP I couldn't bring myself to such indulgence. Truthfully, this is a once a month guilty pleasure..... Hell, even Bourdain himself gives a thumbs up to the Pecan Waffle. My tastes are less adventurous here, note the white toast. The lighted marquee beckoned with its sneering sirens call.

My wife and I eat at one probably once or twice a month. She still claims they have some of the best grits in America. And we live in the grit belt otherwise known as the deep south. Their other stuff is okay and probably a little underwhelming if the place is been hyped up too much. But what I love about waffle house is that it is the most consistent restaurant I have ever been to. Bacon, eggs, and toast at one is the same as bacon, eggs, and toast at another. Biscuits and gravy at one are the same as biscuits and gravy at another.

I love Waffle House. I sure wish we had them up here. Breakfast any time of the day, and awesome hash browns. Folks up here in the cold north don't realize what they are missing.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My wife and I eat at one probably once or twice a month. She still claims they have some of the best grits in America. And we live in the grit belt otherwise known as the deep south. Their other stuff is okay and probably a little underwhelming if the place is been hyped up too much. But what I love about waffle house is that it is the most consistent restaurant I have ever been to. Bacon, eggs, and toast at one is the same as bacon, eggs, and toast at another. Biscuits and gravy at one are the same as biscuits and gravy at another.
Yep. I've had WH in Euless, TX and Memphis, TN. No change- waitresses even had the same amount of teeth :lol:

Top Bottom