What's new

SAS, CCS, DFS, BBS, +

Greetings,

We've categorized shaves from Socially Acceptable, to Close Comfortable, to Damn Fine, to Baby Butt Smooth. Is there more? Perfection?

You know, when fifteen minutes after a BBS shave you absently run a finger over your face and think, Gee, maybe I need a touch-up pass on the chin. Nah, it is fine. Well, couldn't hurt to just drag a razor over that spot one more time, right? Stop it; you're obsessing. That was a perfect shave. Probably.

This has never happened to me. But a friend of mine said he experienced it once.

Mac

At one point I had to endure Total Quality Mgt training. One of the tenets was everything can be improved, always. No process or product is perfect.

That line of thinking leads to, "Sure it was BBS, but could it have been just a bit better?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
That's where the Polsilver blade comes in, ripping the hair out by the route, so there's nothing left to regrow :lol:

Although not everyone seems to have the same results with them as me :p

I think there comes a point where improvement can only come from achieving the desired result quicker, or that result lasting longer than a day... but then it would be less fun :D

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not sure if this fits in but sometimes after I have finished the shave and packed up thinking that I have done a DFS and then I look in the mirror and think I can do my top lip a little better just under the nose. This is when I go in to tidy up the spot and finish up with a decent nick. This is when I should just walk away.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Maybe the sequence should be:
WLB, SAS, CCS, DFS, BBS, EST, RDA, TFR

WLB = Walking Lint Brush
SAS = Socially Acceptable Shave
CCS = Close Comfortable Shave
DFS = Damn Fine Shave
BBS = Baby Bottom Smooth
EST = Epidermis Seems Thinner
RDA = Rapidly Developing Alumphobia
TFR = Total Face Removal

WLB = Walking Lint Brush
DFS = Damn Fine Shave
BBS = Baby Bottom Smooth
TFR = Total Face Removal
Where's that "applause" icon when I need it? It was around here just the other day . . .

LOL. I blame B and B + retirement!

When I was gainfully employed I was expected to be in my office in the morning at least several days a week. Unfair, but that was the case. Thus, there was just so much time I could devote to shaving. But now my schedule is seldom full. Oh, there is a trip to the grocery, maybe a lunch date, a walk to the mailbox. IOW, I have time. Lots of it. Time enough to spend on this forum, time enough to seek the quintessential shave.

I know, I know, I should be writing the Great American Novel, a thrilling story 'bout a humble lad who makes good, beds beautiful damsels, and invents a solar powered ice maker. But no one reads much, anymore.

LOL. I blame B and B + retirement!

When I was gainfully employed I was expected to be in my office in the morning at least several days a week. Unfair, but that was the case. Thus, there was just so much time I could devote to shaving. But now my schedule is seldom full. Oh, there is a trip to the grocery, maybe a lunch date, a walk to the mailbox. IOW, I have time. Lots of it. Time enough to spend on this forum, time enough to seek the quintessential shave.

I know, I know, I should be writing the Great American Novel, a thrilling story 'bout a humble lad who makes good, beds beautiful damsels, and invents a solar powered ice maker. But no one reads much, anymore.

:a17::a17::a28::a17::a17:

I can think of less than 5 BBS shaves i’ve had in my life that have been to my satisfaction. 95% of shaves are exactly this:

You know, when fifteen minutes after a BBS shave you absently run a finger over your face and think, Gee, maybe I need a touch-up pass on the chin. Nah, it is fine. Well, couldn't hurt to just drag a razor over that spot one more time, right? Stop it; you're obsessing. That was a perfect shave. Probably.

4% are pretty bad; either rush jobs or a blade that doesn’t do the job. It’s the 1% true BBS i’m chasing!

Greetings,

We've categorized shaves from Socially Acceptable, to Close Comfortable, to Damn Fine, to Baby Butt Smooth. Is there more? Perfection?

This has never happened to me. But a friend of mine said he experienced it once.

Mac

The shave the mortician gives you will last an eternity. STDF (Shave to die for)

WLB = Walking Lint Brush
DFS = Damn Fine Shave
BBS = Baby Bottom Smooth
TFR = Total Face Removal

:clap:
I was drinking a cup of tea as I read that! Do you have any idea what my screen looks like now?!?

The shave the mortician gives you will last an eternity. STDF (Shave to die for)
Technically not really - your hair "grows" for weeks after death.... well, scientifically, the hair doesn't grow but your skin radically dehydrates and retracts giving the illusion of hair growth.

Top Bottom