What's new

Sardines-Is it love or hate?

Health-Benefits-of-Sardines.jpg
Sardine-and-Sun-dried-tomato-spaghetti.jpg
I love sardines because they are "Good Eats". Nice to have some benefits. Sardines with pasta and sun dried tomatoes.

I keep a few cans of sardines and mackerel in my locker at work. They're perfect for the days I forget my lunch or to keep me going if I have to stay late.

Spread them on toast with sliced tomatoes on top. Pop them under the grill for a few minutes and then serve with malt vinegar, salt, black pepper and dotted with butter. Heaven!!

Opened a tin of kippered snacks yesterday. Had a few bites on crackers. Then my teenage son saw me. I let him finish them off. He loves canned sardines, kippers and oysters. My wife thinks we are weird And we are ok with that. More for us.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Do the have too much salt to be an everyday snack?
Salt is a good thing. You would die without it. The Framingham study that started all this “no salt” thing was an epidemiological study (questionnaires) and has been proven wrong by interventional (controlled studies). It is sugar/carbohydrates that increase blood pressure (unless you are one of the few with a salt sensitivity). The bottom line is that if you desire salt, your body is asking for salt so give it as much as it asks for. There is an excellent book on the subject “The Salt Fix”.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Salt is a good thing. You would die without it. The Framingham study that started all this “no salt” thing was an epidemiological study (questionnaires) and has been proven wrong by interventional (controlled studies). It is sugar/carbohydrates that increase blood pressure (unless you are one of the few with a salt sensitivity). The bottom line is that if you desire salt, your body is asking for salt so give it as much as it asks for. There is an excellent book on the subject “The Salt Fix”.
True, you need it, but the typical diet is loaded up with a lot of salt. I try to keep an eye on it. Too much of anything is not good.

Top Bottom