What's new

Sardines - food of the gods - best recipes - post pictures!

I figured I would get in on the sardine love-fest. Here is what I used to 'construct' my lunch today -

20200423_134938.jpg
20200423_135016.jpg

And what I did with these little beauties is a rolled them up in a spinach wrap along with Kalamata olives, yellow bell peppers, tartar sauce, a couple leaves of arugula and spinach, and topped off with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

20200423_140757.jpg

Tim

I figured I would get in on the sardine love-fest. Here is what I used to 'construct' my lunch today -

View attachment 1090907View attachment 1090908

And what I did with these little beauties is a rolled them up in a spinach wrap along with Kalamata olives, yellow bell peppers, tartar sauce, a couple leaves of arugula and spinach, and topped off with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

View attachment 1090917

Tim

Why did you hide the sardines under all those yucky vegetables? :001_unsur

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

View attachment 1090907View attachment 1090908

View attachment 1090917

Tim
Why did you hide the sardines under all those yucky vegetables? :001_unsur
Yeah, I know. After construction ended I realized you couldn't even see the fish in the picture :c3:. Next time the fish will be more front and center!

Tim
Although I am generally opposed to vegetables, that looks pretty delicious. All it needs is some bread, hot sauce, and mayonnaise.

A dollar short and a day late, but here is yesterday's lunch and the last of my unsalted TJ's sardines in spring water -
20200425_115548.jpg

This one is a multi-grain sandwich with a slice of smoky Gouda, avocado, sardines, and TJ's tartar sauce topped off with spinach.

I must say, I really have enjoyed these sardines. I have a can of TJ's lightly smoked sardines to try next. Will post on them once I pop the top on the can.

Tim

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
A dollar short and a day late, but here is yesterday's lunch and the last of my unsalted TJ's sardines in spring water -
View attachment 1092106

This one is a multi-grain sandwich with a slice of smoky Gouda, avocado, sardines, and TJ's tartar sauce topped off with spinach.

I must say, I really have enjoyed these sardines. I have a can of TJ's lightly smoked sardines to try next. Will post on them once I pop the top on the can.

Tim
Tartar sauce...brilliant.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Sardine Lovers:
:2guns:I 'pulled' the trigger on a four (4), pack (cans), of King Oscar Mediterranean-style sardines (w/ top-grade extra virgin olive oil, sliced black olives, red bell pepper, garlic, and herbs of Provence),...hmmm, hmmm good! :thumbsup:

Sardines - A.jpg
Sardines - B.jpg

proxy.php
"I'd rather be someone's tin of sardines than everyone's can of fish". Sardine Saying

I have to mention this here. Last night I had a small can of pillar rock salmon. We usually buy the tall cans. This can was so incredibly different than any in the past. The flavor was wonderful. I have concluded it wasn’t overcooked like they usually are. It had a deeper redness indicating caught from colder waters, iirc. Just über delicious.

Now, do they package sardines?

Good for the heart?

Gluten free pasta (rice and corn)
Tzatziki
Smoked Brislings in Olive oil
Hemp oil
Lemon juice
Basil
Micro greens
Sea salt

Yerba maté

A58F46D6-65A6-4122-A32F-CCA485C1FD58.jpeg