What's new

Sarah Coat.

I like the warplane look

Attachments

• 309C31BC-4A81-4386-8555-8DCF9AECB60F.png
    309C31BC-4A81-4386-8555-8DCF9AECB60F.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Finishes? Box stock for anything I own. Can't see much of the finish whatever it is when they are holstered🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Finishes? Box stock for anything I own. Can't see much of the finish whatever it is when they are holstered🤷🏼‍♂️

This is my view for pistols. I've always treated handguns as tools. Other than the grip, which I will occasionally change out to something more comfortable/effective, I cosmetically leave them be.

I also like them as plain-jane as possible; I don't want brightwork flash or optical distractions if I am using one outside. That means basic matte black. Yeah, I know it's boring. But so is my shovel and hammer.

But I can appreciate someone loving their guns enough to customize them and make them special. Good for you guys. Include a little 1A with your 2A. Be sure to include your kids in the process. They'll remember it years ahead, and fight over your 'heirlooms'.

Rifles can have some beautiful furniture to work with. That is where I will play more. I've hand-checkered some nice ones over the years, something my father taught me when it was more common decades ago to do your own. Probably a lost art now.

This is my view for pistols. I've always treated handguns as tools. Other than the grip, which I will occasionally change out to something more comfortable/effective, I cosmetically leave them be.

I also like them as plain-jane as possible; I don't want brightwork flash or optical distractions if I am using one outside. That means basic matte black. Yeah, I know it's boring. But so is my shovel and hammer.

But I can appreciate someone loving their guns enough to customize them and make them special. Good for you guys. Include a little 1A with your 2A. Be sure to include your kids in the process. They'll remember it years ahead, and fight over your 'heirlooms'.

Rifles can have some beautiful furniture to work with. That is where I will play more. I've hand-checkered some nice ones over the years, something my father taught me when it was more common decades ago to do your own. Probably a lost art now.
That’s my take as well.

Went with the bronze/matte black scheme on my P229...
This is pretty classy..... I might do this if a gun had a poor finish or a lot of wear.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
This is pretty classy..... I might do this if a gun had a poor finish or a lot of wear.
Thank you sir ... I’ve always subscribed to the notion that understated is good & as such, had planned on an all-matte-black 229 ... that all changed when I walked into the Cerakote applicator’s showroom & spied his burnt-bronze/graphite Daniel Defense AR up on the wall rack.

Though this would be quite the depature from the understated, I have to wonder if the plumb-slide might not look better dressed up as a Jagdgeschwader 54 Grünherz Bf109?? Nah, probably not 😬

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
So yeah, I'm thinking about having some cerakote work done on my cheap Taurus. Just the slide, which I'm thinking shouldn't set me back more than, what, $75?

I created this thread for two purposes:

1. For you to talk me out of it and say that it's an unneeded expense on an inexpensive gun.
2. To ask you to post pics of your cerakote jobs, which will NOT serve the purpose of talking me out of it.

In regards to point #1, I'll do what I want because you're not the boss of me.

Have ya got it Kerrycoated yet? You do know pics are mandatory.

As to whether to do it or not, I seem to remember some very wise words penned by someone but I can't remember who right now. Confusious?

Oh, now I remember.

Top Bottom