What's new

Sarah Coat.

So yeah, I'm thinking about having some cerakote work done on my cheap Taurus. Just the slide, which I'm thinking shouldn't set me back more than, what, $75?

I created this thread for two purposes:

1. For you to talk me out of it and say that it's an unneeded expense on an inexpensive gun.
2. To ask you to post pics of your cerakote jobs, which will NOT serve the purpose of talking me out of it.

In regards to point #1, I'll do what I want because you're not the boss of me.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I dont really see a reason why not if its something you want. First, $75 isn't all that much money. Second, a Taurus will likely never be a collector gun.

OkieStubble

Well, and you have a gun. Sooo ... I'm not overly interested in trying to tell you I'm the boss of you.

Right? I might just be confused and taking it out of context, but the beginning of the OP makes the suggestion of, I'm really looking for you guys advice on talking me out of spending alot of money on a firearm that didn't cost alot of money.

But by the end of the OP, the suggestion appears to be, no matter what you guys say, I'm going to do what I want, because you're not the boss of me, so don't even try it.

I wholeheartedly apologize if it's me, but I'm with @Doc4 on the bolded.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Right? I might just be confused and taking it out of context, but the beginning of the OP makes the suggestion of, I'm really looking for you guys advice on talking me out of spending alot of money on a firearm that didn't cost alot of money.

But by the end of the OP, the suggestion appears to be, no matter what you guys say, I'm going to do what I want, because you're not the boss of me, so don't even try it.

I wholeheartedly apologize if it's me, but I'm with @Doc4 on the bolded.
I'm thinking he's just thinking out loud.

Of course, maybe by the end of his post he'd convinced himself!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Anybody here ever date a girl named Sarah Coat? Me either. In my dating years Sarah wasn't a big name.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Well, I take it as he'll do what he wants to do ... and "what he wants to do" might change depending on the quality of the discussion put forward to dissuade him. (If all he hears is "don't do it, 'cause I'm the boss of you" then he won't be dissuaded.)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Anybody here ever date a girl named Sarah Coat?
Yes, actually.

1594079749742.png

OkieStubble

Well, I take it as he'll do what he wants to do ... and "what he wants to do" might change depending on the quality of the discussion put forward to dissuade him. (If all he hears is "don't do it, 'cause I'm the boss of you" then he won't be dissuaded.)

I like that angle. Thanks Ian. You're a good man. :)

Top Bottom