What's new

Saponifico Varesino soap scents

Between the Manna da Silica or the Dolomiti , which would you say has the lightest, freshest, cleanest scent? I don't care for woody scents or heavy cologne scents.

Thanks

I know this doesn't help as I don't have either of the scents you mentioned.

But, to me, the 70th Aniversary soap has a light and fresh scent.
Definately not woody and doesn't smell of cologne.

I just received my Dolomiti and had a first shave. My first reaction is that this is quite an enigmatic scent - it makes you think. It's quite subtle - not a strong scent, but it's there and there is a faint but pleasing linger. It's kind of floral but not floral as you'd expect - there's an undertow of something else entirely. So definitely complex, and even as if some of the elements are fighting with each other without totally resolving. This is a soap I don't understand, and I look forward to more shaves to think about it some more. Performance is outstanding, and post shave feel is lovely, as expected

I just received my Dolomiti and had a first shave. My first reaction is that this is quite an enigmatic scent - it makes you think. It's quite subtle - not a strong scent, but it's there and there is a faint but pleasing linger. It's kind of floral but not floral as you'd expect - there's an undertow of something else entirely. So definitely complex, and even as if some of the elements are fighting with each other without totally resolving. This is a soap I don't understand, and I look forward to more shaves to think about it some more. Performance is outstanding, and post shave feel is lovely, as expected

Very nicely said!
I couldn't agree more.

Dolomiti is definitely a soap I could use for the rest of my life and be happy!!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Curious - Is the Dolomiti available only as a 4.0 or is there a newer beta version 4.2-4.3?
I think that SV stopped at Beta 4.0 with Dolomiti because they were satisfied with the improvements to that point. It very well may be the perfect soap.

Dolomiti, and Stella Alpina are the two SVs I've hung onto. Dolomiti would be the last to go.
For me it’s Felce Aromatica & Mirto di Sardegna and Mirto would be the last to go. The funny thing is, when my order arrived with all of them, Mirto was my least favorite.

Stella Alpina, Dolomiti, 70th, Manna di Sicilia & Tundra Artica are all really nice too. I just didn’t think I’d like them enough to finish a full puck. Opuntia was the only one I tried and didn’t like at all. Haven’t tried Cosmos or the Asylum offerings.

Slightly off topic of your question, but...
I've tried Dolomiti and Manna and 70th and like Cosmo the best

The Dolomiti's back up for tomorrow, looking forward to a great shave. Maybe a little Pino Silvestre to top it off.

Top Bottom