What's new

Saponificio Veresino

Have been using SV soaps and after shave for several months. I like the Opuntia essence best. I see little mention of these products. What are your thoughts? Price/value considerations?

You will see them discussed around in various places. Usually in very good spirits, because most people realize they are superb soaps. Even if sometimes they are a little expensive, they are pretty concentrated and so you get a lot for your money. I'm a big fan.

(Sent from mobile)

I tried SV 70th Anniversary earlier this year. It was nice, slick, high quality vegan soap. Scent was good, it smelled high end, but didn't really "wow" me personally. The puck looked like it would last an eternity, but ultimately I could not justify the price of the soap when there are so many other great soaps of equal or better performance (mostly tallow base soaps) for much much less cost. Bottom line... Good soap, but I did not see the value there.

Have 2 flavors Flying Mango and Tundra Artica, both keepers will buy more when they're gone. Slick, protective, great scent, hard soap, easy to lather, PSF not overly fatted. Might try a different one but I think a puck of Tundra Artica will always be in inventory.

If you search "SV" and "titles only" you'll get 5 pages of threads.

Saponificio Varesino is quite the popular soap, in my opinion, most especially if you are looking at non-tallow soaps. To be fair, I don't have any SV, but I anticipate that will soon be remedied. One of the reasons I posted this a bit ago was to explore this area—SV was the 2nd most popular by then some and worthy of a try.

For me, SV make some of the best shaving soap around, whether tallow or veg-based. It easily produces a nice, slick and stable lather. The scents are either good or excellent, although for me how a soap smells is not a huge consideration, unless it's positively unpleasant. The cost isn't bad at all, at least here in the UK, and in any case a puck lasts a long time.

Reactions: abj
It is number one in my book. Felce is my favorite, I also have 70th anniversary and Cosmos and really like both of those scents. It may be expensive but they are worth it in my book since they last so long. I think it outperforms MdC and Xpec which both cost a lot more. Cost wise they are expensive but it is a triple milled soap that seems like a little goes a long ways. Sure there are cheaper soaps that are close to performance but it is one of those soaps you just have to treat yourself to. Once you try them you will know why.

I hear about their shaving soaps all the time, they have been favorites of many people here (almost like a fad). They are very good soaps, but the cost is somewhat unreasonable considering the competition. The scents are mostly cologne dupes, so no points for originality there.

I enjoy wearing aqua di parma, bergamot lavender or a nice aquatic such as cool water
You might like Tundra Arctica which is similar to AdP Ambra. The scent is fairly light.

Dolomiti is a citrus forward scent, pleasant enough but perhaps a bit too ordinary.

70th Anniversary is similar to Acqua di Gio.

Top Bottom