What's new

Saponificio Veresino Dessert Vetiver Shave Soap

This is not a detailed review; rather, I want to convey a few thoughts about this shave soap. Sorry for the mis-spelling...

First, I have never liked vetiver much, especially with the horribly overdone fragrances worn by some in years past. But on a whim, I tried the Saponificio Desert Vetiver aftershave, and it was very different. Grassy, warm, and in nothing Bvlgari-like about it. So I decided to try their Desert Vetiver Shave soap, and absolutely love it. It is creamier than Martin de Candre( my usuals, in several scents, along with West Coast shave soaps), but equally slick. And similar MdC, it only takes a few (10, with 15 being luxurious) swirls of a 24X52 two-band to load the brush for three passes. Better, possibly new and improved, than the SV 70th Anniversary soap I have had for a while.

Last edited:
Love the quality and scent. Unfortunately it makes me break out in my neck. Looking to sell or trade the soap.

SV Desert Vetiver has a beautiful and complex scent, and is wonderfully slick. You will love it, Danuhoh.

Markdad2, what a bummer you react to it! I had that experience with one of my favorite-smelling soaps ever, A&E St. Barts. One of the fragrance ingredients caused my skin to burn instantly. :confused:

Top Bottom