What's new

Saponificio Varesino

I have only tried one, but would recommend 70th Anniversary. Safe scent, not extreme and should appeal to a wide group of shavers. I assume all varieties provide a great shave. I have in excess of 125 soaps and I would place it in my top 5 even though I'm only in about 5 shaves.

I have only tried one, but would recommend 70th Anniversary. Safe scent, not extreme and should appeal to a wide group of shavers. I assume all varieties provide a great shave. I have in excess of 125 soaps and I would place it in my top 5 even though I'm only in about 5 shaves.
Thank you for the info

Same except I have "only" about 40 soaps ...

OK, I am finally convinced. I am going to purchase SV 70th, though it is currently out of stock at West Coast Shaving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just placed an order for my first SV soaps and aftershaves through SV's US site. If you sign-up for the mailing list you will receive a code for a 10% discount on your first order. Link

I decided to order Dolomiti and Stella Alpina.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I just received my first SV soap for Christmas: Opuntia 4.3. The scent, while not my new favorite, is mild enough that it's non-offensive.

I'm 7 shaves in and finally got a perfect lather. Mind you, all the lathers were very good (it's not a difficult soap to lather), but every soap has a perfect ratio of water to soap. I was about 95% every day, but I knew that last 5% was hiding. It always takes a few days to hit consistently perfect lathers with a new soap. Very nice post shave feel.

It's just about the same price as MdC (I always purchase two at a time), but I'm getting the distinct impression it's not going to last nearly as long.

How long do most of you find a tin of SV lasts?

Top Bottom