What's new

Saponificio Varesino

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
And I can afford it, as opposed to MdC. Actually, I could afford MdC, but I would be paying for it in non-monetary costs once my wife sees the price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I suppose it depends on where you live. In the US we don't pay the VAT, so I order two MdC jars at a time and they run about $5 more than I just paid for the SV. The MdC will last for 13 months of daily shaves. I don't know yet, but my impression is that the SV will be long gone before that time period.

My guess is that the MdC is considerably cheaper in use, but nobody has chimed in with how long their SV usually lasts.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Dolomiti and the Opuntia. Both are excellent!
shave 20201108.jpg

shave 20191228.jpg

Have two SV's, Flying Mango (4.3) and Tundra Artica (4.1). Prefer Tundra Artica. The 4.1 formulation was retained for straight razor users and prior to the the revisions accompanying the new North America site SV specifically detailed such in their description. Is there any difference in slickness, for me as a DE user can't detect any at all and I use either at will and back to back.

I would not avoid TA if the description of the scent appeals to you, the shave IME is 100% SV all the way.

Have two SV's, Flying Mango (4.3) and Tundra Artica (4.1). Prefer Tundra Artica. The 4.1 formulation was retained for straight razor users and prior to the the revisions accompanying the new North America site SV specifically detailed such in their description. Is there any difference in slickness, for me as a DE user can't detect any at all and I use either at will and back to back.

I would not avoid TA if the description of the scent appeals to you, the shave IME is 100% SV all the way.
Thanks

Just used Cosmo, after using various other quality and popular soaps force few months. Forgot how good SV soaps are. Creamy lather and such a close comfortable and enjoyable shave . Luckily, I have only one tub of other soap which will use occasionally. Not that it's a bad soap, just that SV is so much better.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Received Opuntia recently and was so impressed with it I received 70th Anniversary yesterday, it beat my old favourite Fine Lavender Pour Homme hard puck

Top Bottom