What's new

Saponificio Varesino Table of Enthusiasts (SAVATE)

Would anyone be willing to send me a smear of Felce Aromatica? Just a piece of paper smeared with soap dropped into a baggie and envelope. I don't need a sample, just the scent. Felce is a risky scent for me, but could be oh so nice.

I am happy to return the favor or pay it forward. I have Dolomiti, Asylum Colonia and Stella Alpina.

I'd also be interested in smelling Manna.

I'm also a big fan of SV soaps, currently I have the following soaps
  • Opuntia Beta 4.3
  • Mirto di Sardegna Beta 4.3
  • Manna di Sicilia Beta 4.3
  • Dolomiti
  • Cosmo
  • Cubebe
On my list to get are:
Felce Aromatica
Stella Alpina
Tundra Artica
70th Anniversary

By the way, does anyone have an idea when SV Felce Aromatica Beta 4.2 comes back in stock?

Would anyone be willing to send me a smear of Felce Aromatica? Just a piece of paper smeared with soap dropped into a baggie and envelope. I don't need a sample, just the scent. Felce is a risky scent for me, but could be oh so nice.

I am happy to return the favor or pay it forward. I have Dolomiti, Asylum Colonia and Stella Alpina.

I'd also be interested in smelling Manna.

Maybe an idea to order a sample on shavedash?

Last edited:
Couple of recent SV SOTD's

IMG_20190617_190745_785.jpg
IMG_20190613_130919_734.jpg

Gents
I am looking for slick soaps, I see these products regularly feted on shaving forums so I am wondering what soaps you would recommend
For reference I find proraso dries out on me even when loaded with water and that makes for an uncomfortable shave

Any help/advice will be greatly received

Thanks
Art

Gents
I am looking for slick soaps, I see these products regularly feted on shaving forums so I am wondering what soaps you would recommend
For reference I find proraso dries out on me even when loaded with water and that makes for an uncomfortable shave

Any help/advice will be greatly received

Thanks
Art

You can pick any soap from SV, they are all very slick. Scent wise is Cubebe my favorite.

An idea for you, would be to order some samples from SV soaps, Shavedash.com offers that:
Products - ShaveDash.com

I just bought some soaps directly from SV:
proxy.php

If anyone has experience with these soaps, I would love to hear opnions. I do have experience with other soaps from SV.

Just got 4 soaps from Italy (Saponificio Varesino) (expect the Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 I now have all SV soaps currently on the SV website)
proxy.php

Last edited:
Mail call
SV After Shave Balm Manna di Sicilia
SV After Shave Balm 70th Anniversary
SV After Shave Desert Vetiver
SV After Shave Cubebe 125ml
SV The Shaving Grail bowl
SV Desert Vetiver - Shaving Soap 150g
SV Opuntia Eau de Parfum 100ml
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Mail call
SV After Shave Balm Manna di Sicilia
SV After Shave Balm 70th Anniversary
SV After Shave Desert Vetiver
SV After Shave Cubebe 125ml
SV The Shaving Grail bowl
SV Desert Vetiver - Shaving Soap 150g
SV Opuntia Eau de Parfum 100ml
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
I'm curious about that desert vetiver. Report in when you can about the main scents that you get from it, please!

(Sent from mobile)

I currently own Dolomiti, 70th Anniversary, Cubebe, Cosmo, Desert Vetiver shave soaps, I also have the SV The Grail bowl. I’m currently waiting on Manna Di Siscilia refill puck along with SV wooden bowl. I love SV soaps very much; easy to lather and you get tons of great lather from a few seconds of lathering. The scent on all their soaps are excellent as well.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Currently my only SV soap is Opuntia, and I love it. I want to try other scents and I'm planning on getting a sampler pack. I am also curious if there is one particular scent I should try next (considering I really like Opuntia)?

Currently my only SV soap is Opuntia, and I love it. I want to try other scents and I'm planning on getting a sampler pack. I am also curious if there is one particular scent I should try next (considering I really like Opuntia)?

I'm about to make a purchase of my first SV soap and aftershave. I'm leaning toward Dolomiti, but Opuntia is also one that I am considering. Reading the scent descriptions, I get the impression that Opuntia is a bit more fruity and flowery than Dolomiti - making Dolomiti a bit more versatile (at least in my mind).

Did you purchase a sampler pack? If so, did you find anything else that you really like?

At the moment, I'm looking for something "fresh" that would be a spring and summer scent. I'd go with Felce, but I want to purchase a soap that comes in a tin - ideally in version 4.3. Given that criteria, I'm trying to decide between Dolomiti and Opuntia.
Down the road, if I like the shave that I get with my first SV, I may purchase Felce. I'd also like to find something more appropriate for colder conditions.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm a huge fan of SV -- I have both the Felce and the Manna di Sicilia. Both are great performers, but for me, the Felce edges out the MdS in terms of scent. I'm waiting for an opportunity to travel to Europe, so that I can stock up on SV. I'm planning on bringing an empty suitcase to fill with European shaving soaps and creams. The Lady of the House thinks I'm exaggerating when I say that, but deep down, I suspect she knows the truth.

If you're a fan of Felce, which other SV scent speaks to you?

Top Bottom