What's new

Saponificio Varesino Table of Enthusiasts (SAVATE)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
proxy.php

In one (positive) word: wow!

What is the scent like, etc. More, please.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just found that they have the whole SV selection on ItalianBarber.com. I've ordered all the bath soaps first, just to get the smell. Once I know which ones I like best, after Tundra Artica, I'll start ordering the shave soaps and aftershaves.

I picked up my first Saponificio Varesino at Pasteur's Pharmacy in NYC. It was Tundra Artica and it was love at first smell... Since then, I wanted more, so I ordered some directly from Italy, it came over on FedEx in a couple days. It was a bit of an extravagance, but totally worth it. I have Tundra Artica in multiple formats and Stella Alpina, with real Edelweiss, in shave soap. Looking forward to trying them all.
I also got my first SV at Pasteur's (Dolomiti) last summer. Great soap, and I will be trying some others soon. I was too cheap to buy the wooden bowl, so I got some Simpkins hard candies at TJ Maxx and used the tin they came in for the soap. The puck was originally smaller than the container, but has expanded with use. Obviously this won't be an issue with the new soaps being in tins, but hey--maybe the old boxes will go on clearance (I hope)!
SVBowl.jpg

I wasn't going to post this, because it's mostly bath soap, not shaving soap, but why not? I wanted to have a sample of all the different SV scents, without paying for all the different shaving soaps, so I got the bath soaps. The two RazoRock are shaving soaps. All of these smell wonderful, but the Tundra Artica, 70th and Cosmo are my favorites. I already had Tundra Artica and Stella Alpina shaving soap.
IMG_0530.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Not used yet, but just arrived today.
upload_2017-12-29_23-29-13.png

I've heard good things about this one. It is only my second SV. My first is Felce.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Celebrated my 800th Straight shave today, with in my opinion is the best stuff SV has ever made. 70th! and if this goes beta 4.3 Watch Out!

proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
When the 4.3 tins need refilling it looks like there are no 4.3 refills available. I hope SV will remedy this situation before I need refills. It would be sacrilegious to put a 4.0 puck in a 4.3 tin.

You agree?

I'm pretty new to SV, and have only two tins (Felce and Flying Mango). Both are 4.3.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hey guys, what's up? I can't believe I did not find this club sooner. I ordered a puck of SV Dolomiti a few weeks ago and used it the day it came in. Up to that point it was probably the best soap I have ever used. Since then I have received a Pannacrema verde soap as well that is very good. I was so excited to use the PCN that I signed up for the soap of the month club for February with it. March will definitely belong to SV though, I'm planning on ordering the AS for it soon and maybe the mango or one of the other limited editions. I'm a fan of SV to stay that's for sure.

Top Bottom