What's new

Saponificio Varesino Table of Enthusiasts (SAVATE)

Argania is now available at giftsandcare.com
:eek2:

Now, i'm planning to wait until Connaught shaving get it (as they are also still out of stock of Morado) - and Connaught price for export is = $32.13 as it's without VAT and free shipping over £60.

thing is giftsandcare also has the Myrsol 1kg cream in stock... and the scent descriptions sound like just the ticket (including almond in SV)

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 13.47.47.png

"Shaving soap in aluminum bowl with organic argan oil. Argan oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the argan plant, native to Morocco. It is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidant compounds, making it an ideal shaving product."

"Scent Description
An oriental gourmand perfume in which myrrh blends with the sweet notes of vanilla and tonka bean, creating an enveloping and seductive fragrance.
It opens with sweet citrus notes of magnolia, sweet orange, almond and bergamot and then continues with the oriental woody notes of myrrh, cashmere wood, benzoin, patchouli and guaiac wood. The composition closes with delicate notes of white musk, tonka bean, vanilla, ambergris and cedar wood."

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 14.22.02.png

I couldn't wait - ordered the Argania from giftsandcare... note Argania (& Morado et al) is available at Connaught now

Used it this morning as a stick (made with Myrsol cream to soften it a bit) and the shave was marvellous - had to bump this thread to report how good this Argania and also the Morado both are.

IMG_5713.jpg

I've just bought 3 soaps, Argania, dolomite and cosmo and noticed they should be used within 12 months . .for a hard soap this seems short. Anyone who has old pucks , can the shelf life be so short? I suspect it will be the scent that deteriorates rather than the performance of the soap.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I couldn't wait - ordered the Argania from giftsandcare... note Argania (& Morado et al) is available at Connaught now

Used it this morning as a stick (made with Myrsol cream to soften it a bit) and the shave was marvellous - had to bump this thread to report how good this Argania and also the Morado both are.

View attachment 1760667
Thanks for posting this picture. I just purchased it but haven't opened the box yet. That color is a bit of a surprise for me.

Thanks for posting this picture. I just purchased it but haven't opened the box yet. That color is a bit of a surprise for me.
I thought the same thing when mine arrived, and wonder if it's a result of the vanilla notes.
I do know Argan oil is deep yellow color so that might contribute to it a little bit?

View attachment 1760667
I liked it but Morado is still my favorite by a mile
I've just bought 3 soaps, Argania, dolomite and cosmo and noticed they should be used within 12 months . .for a hard soap this seems short. Anyone who has old pucks , can the shelf life be so short? I suspect it will be the scent that deteriorates rather than the performance of the soap.

My Morado and Cubebe are well over a year old and smell/perform as good as they did upon arrival.
I'm not sure why they list such a short shelf life, but there are others here that have SV soaps older than that

I think all EU cosmetics must have an expiration. I would ignore

Can anyone tell me what the shower gel is like........in terms of the richness of lather and is a lot needed . I'm looking,for something that only a small amount is required per shower.

Can anyone tell me what the shower gel is like........in terms of the richness of lather and is a lot needed . I'm looking,for something that only a small amount is required per shower.
I purchased the desert vetiver and opuntia gels. I would say is not very rich, it’s very slick and good for dry skin.
Most other gels I have tried are thicker.
It is a decent product, but not great

Dear SAVATE buddies, is there a SV flavor more suitable for summer? Like more “refreshing”? I already have 70th, Opuntia and Felce is on the way. Thanks

Top Bottom