What's new

Saponificio Varesino soaps

I also got a sample from ShaveDash (Manna di Sicilia 4.3) and unfortunately it did not perform.
It just doesn't have enough slickness and protection. For me it was below average.
I tried to load and lather in different ways and it was a no go.
What I find weird is that I don't find anyone saying anything bad about this soap.
Like always YMMV.

My sample of Manna arrived Wednesday and worked great Thursday morning. Compared to Stella 4.2, it seemed a little better post, but sample size of 1. Today, the Mirto sample.

I also got a sample from ShaveDash (Manna di Sicilia 4.3) and unfortunately it did not perform.
It just doesn't have enough slickness and protection. For me it was below average.
I tried to load and lather in different ways and it was a no go.
What I find weird is that I don't find anyone saying anything bad about this soap.
Like always YMMV.
Try like I do , see my post on the previous page and don't skimp on loading.

Cosmo is a great Sandalwood Coffee scent and is the (Darkest) of the SV line of scents. Felce and Manna are great as well. Cant go wrong performance wise IMO just keep in mind they are triple milled so extra loading may be taken into consideration.

Great soaps. Felce, 70th, Colonia, Mirto and Flying Mango are my favorite scents. I didn't care for Cosmo or Stella. The rest aren't bad. Wish they would do a Rose.

My top 3 are:
1. Saponificio Opuntia
2. L'Occitane Cade
3. Mitchell's Wool Fat

Opuntia smells like Creed Aventus and is amazing.

proxy.php

I have been using MWF and Haslinger soaps pretty much all the time for the past 12 months, Haslinger out performs the Fat in my opinion, especially in ease of lather and slickness....I especially like the Aloe Vera and the Marigold. I tried SV about a year ago and did not like it too much. I though I would try it again so I ordered samples of the Felce Aromatica and Mana di Sicilia. I just shaved with the Felce, and its a near perfect soap. I found the slickness not quite up to the standard of the Haslinger soaps, but it was still an excellent shaving experience.

Buy it, you will never regret it...It's the best vegan soap your money can buy. It is my number one soap and it has been for the past 10 years.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yes, the 1st was the Fern (felce aromatica) beta 4.0 in 2014.

Interesting. I assumed they had been making shave soap for decades (since they've been around since 1945). I guess they were mainly producing bath soaps and such all that time?

Interesting. I assumed they had been making shave soap for decades (since they've been around since 1945). I guess they were mainly producing bath soaps and such all that time?
Correct!

If they made shave soap back in the '40/'50 I don't know as it's way before my time.
The SV shave soaps in the formula we know today, began production in 2014.

Top Bottom