What's new

Saponificio Varesino soaps

I found this amusing, and you know what? There is a product that smells like gasoline, burned tires, and engine oil. I kid you not - Santa Maria Novella cologne. It's MAGNIFICENT! My one and only cologne. Its expensive, but well worth it.

When you first splash it on, for about an hour you smell like Ferarri's Formula One Pit Boss! After that it dies down to the most intoxicating leather scent I have ever smelled.

Why would you want to smell like that though?

Im puzzled with a lot of these scents that artisans are putting together these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im puzzled with a lot of these scents that artisans are putting together these days.

Because its wonderful. And I love cars.

LOL, its a very masculine scent, and as I mentioned, the leather scent in the dry down is fabulous.

Because its wonderful. And I love cars.

LOL, its a very masculine scent, and as I mentioned, the leather scent in the dry down is fabulous.

I like seafood but i don’t want to smell like it. Lol [emoji1]

I just got some samples today and all but one went in the bin.

I should reiterate....this is a cologne I am talking about - and I may have confused you all - its called Nostalgia, and it is made by the same company that makes the brilliant shave cream.....Santa Maria Novella. The shave cream is Eucalyptus and Menthol, not in anyway similar to the colgne Im on about. Sorry for the confusion, and derailing the thread.

However - I did just by three samples of SV 4.3 scents.

I should reiterate....this is a cologne I am talking about - and I may have confused you all - its called Nostalgia, and it is made by the same company that makes the brilliant shave cream.....Santa Maria Novella. The shave cream is Eucalyptus and Menthol, not in anyway similar to the colgne Im on about. Sorry for the confusion, and derailing the thread.

However - I did just by three samples of SV 4.3 scents.

You will love SV soaps!

One tip from my personal experience.
I bought a SV soap and couldn't get a good performing lather from it, so pretty much wrote off the brand for the better part of a year.
I then read a thread that informed me that the soap, despite being non-tallow, was very thirsty and could take a lot of water. I gave it another try, and wow - what a difference! I had clearly not be hydrating the soap properly.
I now rate SV soaps very highly, and own SV70, Stella Alpina, Tundra Artica, Manna Di Sicilia, and Felce Aromatica.

I bought a SV soap and couldn't get a good performing lather from it, so pretty much wrote off the brand for the better part of a year.
I then read a thread that informed me that the soap, despite being non-tallow, was very thirsty and could take a lot of water. I gave it another try, and wow - what a difference! I had clearly not be hydrating the soap properly.
I now rate SV soaps very highly, and own SV70, Stella Alpina, Tundra Artica, Manna Di Sicilia, and Felce Aromatica.
It takes 3 or 4 shaves before the pucks give the great lather. Not always, but may depend how long the seller has had them in stock.

Saponificio Varesino recommends blooming the soap. Additionally, this soap performs better when used on consecutive days. In other words, it likes water. Great soap.

Saponificio Varesino recommends blooming the soap. Additionally, this soap performs better when used on consecutive days. In other words, it likes water. Great soap.
I follow what SV says and results are as you'd expect from a great soap.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Indeed a great performing soap! I never follow the recommendation to bloom it and I have 4 tins, in addition to all the other soaps I have, so they may sit for some time between uses. Despite this I always get a great shave just going at it with a damp synth brush for 20-30 swirls. In my experience, SV (at least my 4.3's) is a very easy soap to get along with.

I don't bloom it, I use it like a shaving stick (I got the refill) rubbing the wet puck on wet face and it works better than loading directly on the soap.

Everything works , bloom, no bloom, rubbing on the face, rub it on your hand.....it all works.
Just add water and your brush and lather up.

Dont know why there are so many threads and youtube videos on how to use a soap and how to lather a soap. Have people lost their marbles? Lol...

Just lather up and shave. There’s no secret, i promise [emoji1]

Reactions: nav
Everything works , bloom, no bloom, rubbing on the face, rub it on your hand.....it all works.
Just add water and your brush and lather up.

Dont know why there are so many threads and youtube videos on how to use a soap and how to lather a soap. Have people lost their marbles? Lol...

Just lather up and shave. There’s no secret, i promise [emoji1]

Yes, do what works for you. There are many things which differ, brushes, water, water temperature!

Ive got 3 new SV soaps on their way and i think I’m done.

Ive found my forever soaps now.

For me....nothing compares to it.

This is how I felt earlier this year. SV is now my favorite soap. Regretted all those other piles of soaps I've collected.

But then B&M had a sale. And there’s that Ariana & Evans I’d never tried .....

I don't bloom it, I use it like a shaving stick (I got the refill) rubbing the wet puck on wet face and it works better than loading directly on the soap.

Same thing with MWF, rub onto my nice warm, damp face, soak my brush and bingo!

Bloom or no bloom, SV lather quality remains the same. I have found that blooming reduces loading time while no-blooming reduces mess.

Top Bottom