What's new

Saponificio Varesino soaps

Yes. Superb performance, but since it is triple milled, you're looking at a very high number of uses per tub. So it may give you 8 months to a year of shaves. Do the math, and it's actually quite a deal.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I kind of wondered the same thing a couple of years ago.

Bought the Felce and liked it so much. That I added the Dolomiti as well. Both were great purchases.

It's my go to soap in my rotation.

Yes best vegan soap there is in my opinion. Scents are also very good (but complex) . Cubebe is my favorite so far.

Shavedash.com also has samples for trying the soap.

I would recommend the Beta 4.3 formula over the others.
And there's something about Felce Aromatica thats just magical.
The way it lathers and performs. Opuntia didnt behave that well for me.

There's a company called Gents which sells some for £18. It came to UK in 2 days. They have sites in a few countries, shop from Sweden.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have a sample coming from Shavedash.

I don't expect it to be the same numbers of times as good as Mitchell's Wool Fat as the number of times that it is more expensive. Then again, I don't put the same value in soap scent as other people do, which to me is a distraction from what I should be focussing on - the sharp blade on my face. I do however consider a sample to be worth a try.

I can get a great shave from bar soap, I like a soap that is slick without having to be lathered rich and dense, and I prefer a scent that I can tune out from, so on the whole I get far less benefit from luxury soaps than many others might. In my admittedly limited exploration of soaps, I've found nothing that compares with MWF in performance, post shave feel, and value. Maybe one of those three aspects, but not all three of them.

That said, SV does come highly recommended by a wide range of users, so I'm prepared to gamble a few quid on a sample, and discover for myself how much or how little value I would get from it.

Dolomiti, is one of my fav soaps. Sometimes, you have to use it a few times for it to reach its full capacities.

Dolomiti, is one of my fav soaps. Sometimes, you have to use it a few times for it to reach its full capacities.

Im sure i will be buying some of the other ones.

I just bought the dolomiti because its next day delivery on Amazon lol..

So i should be receiving it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sample coming from Shavedash.

I don't expect it to be the same numbers of times as good as Mitchell's Wool Fat as the number of times that it is more expensive. Then again, I don't put the same value in soap scent as other people do, which to me is a distraction from what I should be focussing on - the sharp blade on my face. I do however consider a sample to be worth a try.

I can get a great shave from bar soap, I like a soap that is slick without having to be lathered rich and dense, and I prefer a scent that I can tune out from, so on the whole I get far less benefit from luxury soaps than many others might. In my admittedly limited exploration of soaps, I've found nothing that compares with MWF in performance, post shave feel, and value. Maybe one of those three aspects, but not all three of them.

That said, SV does come highly recommended by a wide range of users, so I'm prepared to gamble a few quid on a sample, and discover for myself how much or how little value I would get from it.

Sir If you like Mitchell's Wool Fat you will love Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap, I love the Fat and I love a lot of other soaps but its worth it...

Top Bottom