What's new

Saponificio Varesino soaps

Must admit that SV might be my “go-to” moving forward, for the most part. My Colonia 4.3 lathers like a champ, is slick as snot, and best of all, it’s a triple milled soap that will last for ages. It’s hard to overload and eat through a puck like it is with many of the artisan soap makers out there. I’m comparing it to Wk, DG, and B&M which are my Artisan favorites so far. Next up...Felce.

Great soaps. Felce, 70th, Colonia, Mirto and Flying Mango are my favorite scents. I didn't care for Cosmo or Stella. The rest aren't bad. Wish they would do a Rose.

tundra artica is a mega rose bomb. Rose dominates the entire scent pyramid. It’s my 2nd favorite after 70th.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've just made a switch to one pass shaves for most days. I load SV with synthetic brushes. My normal load time is 10 seconds. That is more than enough for three passes. I decided since I was only doing one pass ten seconds of loading seems like too much product. I loaded SV today for a flat five seconds. I still had more than enough lather for one pass.

I don't get rose coming through.

interesting. Possibly just batch inconsistency? FWIW, I have 3 of the bath soaps and their corresponding shave soaps. They don't smell the same. That said, I have the Tundra shave soap and aftershave. I get lots of rose on both.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've just made a switch to one pass shaves for most days. I load SV with synthetic brushes. My normal load time is 10 seconds. That is more than enough for three passes. I decided since I was only doing one pass ten seconds of loading seems like too much product. I loaded SV today for a flat five seconds. I still had more than enough lather for one pass.

It's so easy to lather and a little goes a loooong way!

I had a magnificent shave today with the Dolomiti Black!
Interesting to note that the original scent developed in something much more pleasing.

Also this soap is as slick as an hockey puck, handle with care :biggrin1:

Anyone know why SV hasn’t yet converted all of its scents to the 4.3 base? Thanks.

I don't see any reason to convert them. I have all of the betas, and I don't see any difference that couldn't be attributed to different fragrance compounds affecting lather or just straight up batch inconsistencies.

FWIW, my best performing SV's are a pair of 4.1's and a 4.3. Heck, most people RAVE about Dolomiti, and it's 4.0.

I thought I read somewhere that they aren't all destined to be converted. I think there were certain compounds related to scent AND performance that would change the soap itself if the formula was converted upwards.

I could be totally wrong, but IME, 4.3 isn't inherently better than earlier formulations.

I don't see any reason to convert them. I have all of the betas, and I don't see any difference that couldn't be attributed to different fragrance compounds affecting lather or just straight up batch inconsistencies.

FWIW, my best performing SV's are a pair of 4.1's and a 4.3. Heck, most people RAVE about Dolomiti, and it's 4.0.

I thought I read somewhere that they aren't all destined to be converted. I think there were certain compounds related to scent AND performance that would change the soap itself if the formula was converted upwards.

I could be totally wrong, but IME, 4.3 isn't inherently better than earlier formulations.

Thanks. Interesting. Now I’m going to have to order more. Haha. I had read elsewhere that some believed 4.3 to be slicker, etc. and thus, considered them “better” overall. I’ll have to do my own comparison. I have Felce and Opuntia en route to add to Colonia. Might have to pause a bit though before the next purchase ;)

I'm thinking you don't have to see 4.3 as better than 4.2 but more as a variation of 4.0, so the base is the same but an ingredient is added or removed for the different 4.x versions.

Based on my experience, the same soap in the latest beta 4.3 is better,
so Felce 4.3 > Felce 4.0 and Manna 4.3>4.0

Dolomiti is my favorite soap of all time. The mild scent that can pair with any aftershave. You won't smell any citrus.

Top Bottom