What's new

Saponificio Varesino soaps

Sir If you like Mitchell's Wool Fat you will love Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap, I love the Fat and I love a lot of other soaps but its worth it...

I hate the fat !! Lol

Worst soap ive used. Scent and shave for me was horrible. I dont want to smell like a a wet sheep thanks [emoji1][emoji1]

Im sure the scent will be better with Saponificio soaps [emoji6][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Sir If you like Mitchell's Wool Fat you will love Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap, I love the Fat and I love a lot of other soaps but its worth it...

Thanks Ian. The sample I've ordered is the Felce Aromatica (I try to order samples of soaps that aren't limited edition, so there's more chance of being able to source it later). Although I usually go for unscented soaps, that was the one out of the regular line that sounded most appealing.

I hate the fat !! Lol

Worst soap ive used. Scent and shave for me was horrible. I dont want to smell like a a wet sheep thanks [emoji1][emoji1]

Im sure the scent will be better with Saponificio soaps [emoji6][emoji16]

You have to dial it in and once there and you master it then it is a fantastic soap we could say the same about a lot of soaps ie: Tabac, Arco, williams, the list goes on if everyone liked the same life would be boring... I dont think it smells like wet sheep. :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

You have to dial it in and once there and you master it then it is a fantastic soap we could say the same about a lot of soaps ie: Tabac, Arco, williams, the list goes on if everyone liked the same life would be boring... I dont think it smells like wet sheep.

Arco, tobac, williams and the fat are the worst scents ever!

I just threw a brand new williams straight in the bin. Awful scent [emoji1785]

Arco is even worse.

No clue why anyone would want to smell like this.

But as you say, each to their own.

All i know is my wife would kick me out the bed if i smelt like any of these soaps [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

A good way to test SV scents is to buy the entire set of bath soaps.
They're far cheaper.
I bought 7 of them and they are superb performers...and it helped me decide
which scents worked for me. While theres no truly unpleasant SV scent,
I quickly ruled out Dolomiti, Mirto de Sardegna, Stella Alpina and Tundra.

Moreover the Beta 4.3 isn't available in all variants...and IMO that is the
formula that I found really appealing. Ease of lathering, cushioning and lather quality
were all heightened in 4.3.

Ok...so i just tried my new SV soap.

Wow, simple wow.....

By far the best soap i have ever used.

Amazing slickness, amazing shave and amazing post shave!

Absolutely no irritation. My skin is so smooth!! BBS.

Very happy with this soap.

I guess i have to go and order the other ones now [emoji2957]

Another two SV soaps ordered.

Looks like i will need to sell all my other products...lol.

I think i have found my forever soaps!

Ive tried so many over the years and SV has ticked ever box for me. My skin has never felt this good.

Had anyone used their aftershaves???

Also has anyone used the Opontia soap of theirs?

Ive tried so many over the years and SV has ticked ever box for me. My skin has never felt this good.

Sounds very similar to my first experience with SV.:001_smile

I have the Felce aftershave to go with the soap.

It's more of a gel like aftershave. The scent is very similar to the soap. It's milder scent that will not last a long time. It's skin conditioning is OK.

So I like it. But I will probably stick with just the soaps for future SV purchases.

The Opuntia smells a bit like pineapple to me. A very complex pineapple at that. It is my least favorite of the three SV soaps I own (Felce Aromatica, Manna di Sicilia being the other two). It is a really unique shaving soap scent, like nothing I have tried. I used Opuntia this morning. It is the beta 4.3 formula and it lathers beautifully.

I have a sample coming from Shavedash.

I don't expect it to be the same numbers of times as good as Mitchell's Wool Fat as the number of times that it is more expensive. Then again, I don't put the same value in soap scent as other people do, which to me is a distraction from what I should be focussing on - the sharp blade on my face. I do however consider a sample to be worth a try.

I can get a great shave from bar soap, I like a soap that is slick without having to be lathered rich and dense, and I prefer a scent that I can tune out from, so on the whole I get far less benefit from luxury soaps than many others might. In my admittedly limited exploration of soaps, I've found nothing that compares with MWF in performance, post shave feel, and value. Maybe one of those three aspects, but not all three of them.

That said, SV does come highly recommended by a wide range of users, so I'm prepared to gamble a few quid on a sample, and discover for myself how much or how little value I would get from it.

Al,

I’ve used both the shave dash samples as well as the full tub version of Felce. Be sure and load the brush well using the sample to ensure you’re giving the soap a fair shake. As I’m sure you know, sample sizes of these hard soaps can be a bit trickier than the full sized variant. I think you’ll be very pleased! I have tried most SV scents and Felce is terrific. Hopefully not too strong for your liking.

John

I'm using Opuntia just now. It's the least fav scent, but by no means terrible! Fav are Cosmo and Dolomiti ive had in the past.
All work well. I do follow the makers suggestion for lathering . A thin amount of water in the tin for a few minutes, then a pre soaked brush squeezed to just damp. I then let it soak up the bloom water.
The oputunia came with a plain metal tin and the lid just lifted off. Much better than the other tins with screw lids and paint which came off as you unscrew the lid!

Anyone tried the 70th anniversary soap?

Do all their soaps have the same performance?

Anyone tried the 70th anniversary soap?

Do all their soaps have the same performance?

IMO, they all seem to perform pretty similar. They're certainly close enough that I would put more emphasis on the scent when choosing and not worry which formula it came from. Given that I like Dolomiti 4.0 the best in terms of overall performance, it shows that there's more to it than just chasing the latest 4.3 versions.

I would suggest just going to Shavedash and getting a sample of all of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom