What's new

Saponificio Varesino Cubebe and 70th Anniversary EDP

Hi Folks! I haven't tried either scent and can't find many reviews.
Would love to hear feedback about Saponificio Varesino Cubebe and the 70th Anniversary Edition EDPs. What other scents are they similar to?

Thank you!

Scents and fragrances in general are very subjective but I think that 70th smells like something in the line of Acqua di Gio by Armani with a pinch of ambergris ”saltyness”. 80% AdG with a hint of Erolfa by Creed.

Cubebe, to me smells like an ”eau fraiche” version of Terre de Hermes.

Scents and fragrances in general are very subjective but I think that 70th smells like something in the line of Acqua di Gio by Armani with a pinch of ambergris ”saltyness”. 80% AdG with a hint of Erolfa by Creed.

Cubebe, to me smells like an ”eau fraiche” version of Terre de Hermes.
Thank you for this. Helpful. And yes, fragrances are subjective for sure. Currently, the sample set is out of stock on Saponificio's site, so I may wait to pick one up before blind buying any.

Nonetheless, thank you again!

Ray, I have all 4 of the SV EDP's.

Cubebe is my least used, by far. It's just not that interesting of a scent to me. It's kind of citrusey. Kind of musky. Definitely a hot weather scent. I just never use it. Hermes Eau Fraiche was a good comparison. :idk:

70th is gorgeous. It's based on Acqua Di Gio, but it's a bit more interesting. Definitely a salty/algae tinge that pushes it over the edge. Awesome white musk base. Just beautiful. I just wish it lasted longer, but this is to be expected with a summer aquatic scent.

Opuntia and Desert Vetiver are equally awesome. Opuntia smells like rustic Aventus. Great for all weather. DV is a Terre D'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver tribute. Ultra warm and spicy like a wool sweater. Great for fall and winter.

If I could only have one, it would be Opuntia.
If I could only have two, it would be 70th and Desert Vetiver.
Ideally, I would have all 3.

Everybody smells things differently though. Maybe, you would love Cubebe.

So far I've tried 70th anniversary, Dolomitti and Felce aromatica all are beautiful scents 70th is probably the most niche inspired scent based on aqua di gio, felce and Dolomitti are more subtle based on soft classic greens....very nice and very wareable on all occasions

Opuntia and Desert Vetiver are equally awesome. Opuntia smells like rustic Aventus. Great for all weather. DV is a Terre D'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver tribute. Ultra warm and spicy like a wool sweater. Great for fall and winter.
Thank you for your input on all of these - very much appreciated! I'm leaning towards picking up the sample set once they restock it.

In the meantime....."Rustic Aventus?" This caught my attention. What's your interpretation of rustic?

Thank you for your input on all of these - very much appreciated! I'm leaning towards picking up the sample set once they restock it.

In the meantime....."Rustic Aventus?" This caught my attention. What's your interpretation of rustic?
Smells outdoorsy like they used more eo’s Vs smelling like a Macy’s scent counter.

The sv just smells more unique and a bit spicier.

I like both btw.

Ray, I have all 4 of the SV EDP's.

Cubebe is my least used, by far. It's just not that interesting of a scent to me. It's kind of citrusey. Kind of musky. Definitely a hot weather scent. I just never use it. Hermes Eau Fraiche was a good comparison. :idk:

70th is gorgeous. It's based on Acqua Di Gio, but it's a bit more interesting. Definitely a salty/algae tinge that pushes it over the edge. Awesome white musk base. Just beautiful. I just wish it lasted longer, but this is to be expected with a summer aquatic scent.

If I could only have one, it would be Opuntia.
If I could only have two, it would be 70th and Desert Vetiver.
Ideally, I would have all 3.

Everybody smells things differently though. Maybe, you would love Cubebe.
What's their performance like?

What's their performance like?
Average. Normal for post ifra. Desert vetiver lasts the longest. (This is inherent due to its makeup)

Opuntia is pretty good for how versatile it is.

Cubebe and 70 are not going to last as long because they are top note heavy. Citrus, aqua notes, etc.

None of them will hang with an og pre ifra cologne or edp.

Top Bottom