What's new

Saponificio Varesino AS

I'm going to be ordered some SV soap to see if the hype is real and I was curious if anyone here has used the aftershave. I generally find that AS falls into three categories as far as after the fact feel goes. Dry and tight, hydrated and pliant and greasy and heavy. I prefer aftershave that falls in the middle bracket.

I have SV 70th Anniv., Manna di Sicilia, Felce Aromatica and Dolomiti and love them. They're slightly more viscous than regular alcohol based aftershave but not heavy or greasy.

I have the SV 70th anniversary. The SV has really good face care ingredients in it. As mentioned above, it is more viscous than normal aftershaves. It has a tiny bit of alcohol sting to it if you have a rough shave, but I can get by with using only it as an aftershave product. Nearly every other aftershave I own (which includes RazoRock, Captain's Choice, Stirling Unscented, Proraso Red) requires at least Thayer's witch hazel with aloe at least, or even a balm afterwards. The only other aftershave I don't need another product with is Cella's aftershave. Face feel of the SV for me is not tight, not quite soft. Sudsy soapery balm leaves my face a bit greasy feeling and very soft; this is nowhere near that. For my skin and beard, the SV leaves my face feeling well moisturized, but not oily. I enjoy the feel, the scent doesn't last quite as long as I'd like (all day) but it lasts for a few hours at least.

I have the SV 70th anniversary. The SV has really good face care ingredients in it. As mentioned above, it is more viscous than normal aftershaves. It has a tiny bit of alcohol sting to it if you have a rough shave, but I can get by with using only it as an aftershave product. Nearly every other aftershave I own (which includes RazoRock, Captain's Choice, Stirling Unscented, Proraso Red) requires at least Thayer's witch hazel with aloe at least, or even a balm afterwards. The only other aftershave I don't need another product with is Cella's aftershave. Face feel of the SV for me is not tight, not quite soft. Sudsy soapery balm leaves my face a bit greasy feeling and very soft; this is nowhere near that. For my skin and beard, the SV leaves my face feeling well moisturized, but not oily. I enjoy the feel, the scent doesn't last quite as long as I'd like (all day) but it lasts for a few hours at least.
Sounds like I'll be grabbing the matching aftershave when I decide which scent to get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Make sure you give the bottle a good shake before using. It also seems to me like it's viscous because it's a bit more concentrated, so a little goes a long way.

I purchased Manna AS balm while ago, and while I liked the scent I found it to be somewhat "generic" smelling. Could've been any of random generic perfume store scents, just did not stand out as unique for me.

I found this balm to be drying on my skin, so I gave it away after several uses.

I have the Cubebe and ”70”.
They both have wonderful almost magical scents and my wife thinks so too!
Very nice hydrated postshave feel on both also.
Making a routine of cleaning up the sink nicely every day after shaving and using an amazing AS makes ”10 Downing street” appreciate the shaving hobby too!
:a37:
SV Dolomiti is next in line!

I'm going to be ordered some SV soap to see if the hype is real and I was curious if anyone here has used the aftershave. I generally find that AS falls into three categories as far as after the fact feel goes. Dry and tight, hydrated and pliant and greasy and heavy. I prefer aftershave that falls in the middle bracket.

In my opinion, there is no hype whatsoever when it comes to SV products. I have often asked myself why I bother using anything else. These products are superlatively good for me and they last a very long time, which adds value (something many are seeking) versus the many artisan products flooding the market nowadays.

It's kind of a balmy splash that you only need a few drops. It gives you a little sting if you have a rough shave. I like Dolomiti. I finished the soap. I use the AS now for my scent fix while I try other soaps.

I ended up ordering the samples from another thread with free shipping and these after shave oil / balm / splash things are some of the most remarkable after shaves I have tried. I typically use Kiehls razor burn defender but have the usual gamut of classical after shaves .. but there is something really quite unique / great about the way this feels, your entire face feels really quite soft and soothed.

Top Bottom