What's new

Saponificio Bignoli Shaving Cream - Fragrance Free

Since I have dry sensitive skin, I emailed Theitalianbarber to see if they have any unscented shaving soaps. They replied back saying they have but not a lot

They told me about this soap;

They also noted that I need to keep in mind that these soaps still have a scent which is just from the soaps base ingredients but there are no fragrances added to the formulas so they are pretty well as close as you can get to unscented.

Has anyone ever used it before?

Yes. But I call it soap (as do Bignoli, judging by their label):
Bignoli-Neutro_2022-08-15.jpg

Consistency wise it's a creamy croap. I've tried too many "fragrance free" soaps, hoping to find one with NO ACTUAL FRAGRANCE (to the nose)... and been unsuccessful. Mind you, after several uses most of their smellable scents (including Bignoli's) dissipate to hardly any smell (and usually none at all while lathered up and shaving).

Here's one of my shaves from late February this year:
SOTD
1939-RFB-R_2022-02-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Neutro
Razor: 1939 silver plated Gillette NEW RFB GT (6)
Blade: Willy's (13)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

A fine shave. :biggrin:
I'd forgotten how delightfully shocking my strong alcohol and mentholated ASL was. :velva2:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I face lather, and like to load my brush from the tub. Bignoli fill their tubs to the top, so I repotted mine in a deeper tub (an easy job with the soap's consistency). All my SOTD pics are taken just after the shave (so you can see what I mean about it being more of a croap than a cream).

It's an excellent soap. I should use it more but (strangely for a B&B Member) I have too many soaps! :letterk1:

I hope that's of some help.

Since I have dry sensitive skin, I emailed Theitalianbarber to see if they have any unscented shaving soaps. They replied back saying they have but not a lot

They told me about this soap;

They also noted that I need to keep in mind that these soaps still have a scent which is just from the soaps base ingredients but there are no fragrances added to the formulas so they are pretty well as close as you can get to unscented.

Take a deep look if Canada Shaving soap may meet your requirements. I think so.

In my opinion it really stand out in the crowd of "expensive" shaving soaps.

SHAVING_170825_37051.jpg

Top Bottom