What's new

Saphir Products - I need some help

I've been shining my own shoes for over 26 years, but with Saphir being so highly recommended these days I considered the brand, but this led me to some confusion. What exactly is the difference in what is online as Creme 1925 (or Medaille d'Or) vs the Creme Surfine. I see Creme Surfine online for sale, but not on the Saphir products homepage.

Is the later out of production? Is it a lower grade product comparatively? The Creme Surfine jar itself reminds me very much of some Italian polish (Prestige?) i received in a kit that I have never really seen for sale in the States.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

1582653174609.png
vs.
1582653304717.png

You might check out the hangar project web site. They have most of the range. The more expensive ones use beeswax, carnauba and turpentine, the less expensive superfine
only beeswax and mineral spirits along with pigments.

Check out the website avel.com It seems like Avel is treating Saphir Beaute du Cuir as a separate brand. Avel - like most brand owners - is very secretive about the differences between their brands.

Here is what I found an a website of an Asian distributor:

One of the most common questions we received from customers is the differences between the Medaillle d'or Pommadier creme and Beaute du cuir Creme surfine. The Pommadier creme is a concentrated paste of turpentine and beeswax meant for full grain aniline/semi-aniline leather. This allows the leather to fully take in its nutrients and color pigment, and is often used in high end dress shoes and leather goods. The pommadier creme is also applicable for leather goods and accessories.

On the other hand, the creme surfine's formulation is diluted variant with much lower concentration. This is meant for leather which have been coated with dyes or heavily pigmented. In most cases, creme surfine are used for ladies' shoes, certain types of handbags and accessories.

Top Bottom