What's new

Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes, how do you lather it?

Hello! I am glad that it worked well for you! I scrape out some with the back side of a small spoon. It is usually about this much, and it covers about a silver dollar size area in the bottom of my lather bowl. I do this with all my soaps and creams that I can scoop. Here is an older pic...

Thank you so much for the pics and info! I have been using one third of that amount. I'm going to up my product amount significantly and see how that works. I'll never get to try SMN unless I use up my CF (and WK and A&E). ;D

I also saw your thread on lathering SV. You make fantastic lather and are great about sharing your technique and pics! Between SMN and SV, which do you prefer? Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the pics and info! I have been using one third of that amount. I'm going to up my product amount significantly and see how that works. I'll never get to try SMN unless I use up my CF (and WK and A&E). ;D

I also saw your thread on lathering SV. You make fantastic lather and are great about sharing your technique and pics! Between SMN and SV, which do you prefer? Thanks again!

Johnny,

I will have to get back to you on which is better for me...SMN vs SV. I have not used SV enough to know. I will use it the next couple shaves.

Yes...I try not to skimp on soaps and creams. I always have plenty for 3 passes with a final touch up.

Lately I have also been putting the left over lather on my face before cleaning all my equipment, and putting it away. Once I am done, I rinse that lather off with cold water, dry my face, and then I put on the aftershave or serum. I think it helps!

Vr

Matt

So the question posed was, do I like SMN or SV better. I like SMN better...both are absolutely top tier, but I just like SMN a little bit better...to me, it is 100% refined in every way!

Below is a shot from today’s lather!

Vr

Matt
2AC2EBDE-DBE5-4D99-ADCE-3099EC26D04A.jpeg

If you want a nice, yogurt/thick cream consistency cream that is beyond slick, there are no better creams than Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes. There really isn't. They are actually slicker than most soaps.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
If you want a nice, yogurt/thick cream consistency cream that is beyond slick, there are no better creams than Acqua di Parma, Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes. There really isn't. They are actually slicker than most soaps.

You have excellent taste in lather fuel sir. I’d add ABC and the discontinued ABC hard soap and I Coloniali Mango oil soap to that list.

And my first tub of Cella Extra Extra Bio has just arrived...…..excited to try it. I just opened the tub and LOVE the scent.....

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have never tried the I Coloniali Mango - is it still available? ABC is/was great!

Unfortunately not WRT to I Coloniali Mango soap. Some of the rhubarb cream may still be around.

BTW, It doesn’t smell like mango, it’s an incencse and frankincense scent.

You have excellent taste in lather fuel sir. I’d add ABC and the discontinued ABC hard soap and I Coloniali Mango oil soap to that list.
I Coloniali Is still my top soap and I've tried most. The scent is also my favourite. I can only describe it as sweet smokey chocolate.

Top Bottom