What's new

Santa Maria del Fiore

My jar just arrived. First of all the packaging is amazing. Thick jar with a screw top lid, filled to the brim and has a nice weight to it. The soap is very soft. Scent, the eucalyptus is strong and it has the mild italian cologne scent. I will give it a whirl tommorow and report back with pics. Did anyone else get it?

it was too dark to take pics, i will take pics tommorow and post as I am definitely shaving with it again for Sunday afternoon shave.

WOW! Brace yourselves folks! This is the penultimate summer shaving soap! It is COOL on your face, with a great tingling sensation. It's also the most protective RazoRock soap I have tried (over a dozen in my collection) and i chalk that up to the lanolin. The scent is different lathered up then in the jar, think Proraso Green but with a twist of Tobacco Italian cologne that's present but not at the forefront. The forefront is the menthol and eucalyptus, and it opens up your sinuses. Cold water rinse and your skin is feeling good and numb. I can see this being mine and a lot of people's go to summer shaving soap, especially on a humid day. I am going to take this for a spin on my head tommorow! I hope Joe comes out with more of this variety one day cause Vegan RazoRock + Lanolin gets 10/10 in my book.

Ingredient list is below

Ingredients:[FONT=open_sansregular] Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water/Eau), Cocos Nucifera(Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance(Parfum), Eucalyptus Globolus Oil, Menthol, Camphor, Lanolin

[/FONT]
http://www.italianbarber.com/collections/new-product/products/santa-maria-del-fiore-sapone-da-barba

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not SMN artisan version?
A totally different soap share the name of "Santa Maria".
I'm the one who thought it was the cheaper version of SMN.
Got to get the real SMN someday.

$IMG_20150607_213605.jpg

It's not SMN artisan version?
A totally different soap share the name of "Santa Maria".
I'm the one who thought it was the cheaper version of SMN.
Got to get the real SMN someday.

I'm curious as well. Is this like what ABCBA was to Antica Barbieria Colla?

Well when i googled 'Toscano tobacco cologne' i found a Cologne named exactly this Santa Maria Del Fiore 'Firenze' which the notes on fragrantica that match the soap. So it seems to be an ode to something but a Cologne

Mines due to arrive today. A little worried as its supposed to be 31 degrees. I hope it isnt soup by the time I collect it....

My soap survived the unseasonably hot weather today (and presumably yesterday as well) and arrived safe and sound. The scent is heavenly! Will give it a test lather tonight and may sneak it in for a few shaves by the end of the week.

My soap survived the unseasonably hot weather today (and presumably yesterday as well) and arrived safe and sound. The scent is heavenly! Will give it a test lather tonight and may sneak it in for a few shaves by the end of the week.

Thats good to know. Hottest day of the year in Calgary and its sitting in the parcel box. :mad3:

Top Bottom