What's new

Sanitizing the Schick Adjustable

Why? Because I dropped it on the commode plunger. Washed with anti-bacterial hand soap and doused with isopropyl alcohol. Thinking about giving the head the Scrubbing Bubbles (tm) treatment.

Any ideas? Really thinking this has got it covered.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm a germaphobe, and I'd do exactly what you outlined and feel comfortable using it! You're probably fine without the SB treatment, but I do it anyway....did I mention I'm a germaphobe.

You should be covered with what you have done and the Scubbing Bubbles is kind of overkill. Overkill however is just fine if it gives you peace of mind!

If it's OK for your dog to drink out of it, then the water won't hurt you or your razor. Scrubbing bubbles is a solid choice for 'treatment'.

Remember that what allows antiseptics like isopropyl alcohol to be effective is contact time. If you immerse the razor in alcohol and leave it there for a minimum of 10 minutes, nearly anything will be killed, with the exception of anthrax spores. However, it is unlikely that you have anthrax in your bathroom.

If you dip the razor momentarily in 91% isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol evaporates so quickly that it is not as effective as 70% which evaporates more slowly. Thus, alcohol wipes used by medical personnel giving shots, taking blood samples, etc. will generally be 70% isopropyl alcohol rather than 91%.

If it's OK for your dog to drink out of it, then the water won't hurt you or your razor. Scrubbing bubbles is a solid choice for 'treatment'.

Two different things due to application. A toilet plunger is subject to raw sewage. While I have worked on sewer lines before, with all that goes with it, I approach it with respect. One of my grandfathers nearly died from typhoid fever in the pre-antibiotic days.

Brother Raissermesser,

Let's say there are in fact "germs" on the commode plunger. How many days or weeks since the plunger was used? Germs, as do other forms of life, must have a food supply in order to live. Otherwise they die of starvation.

If a plunger came in contact with raw sewage, I think I would wash it with a bucket of water and laundry soap and put it outside in the sunlight for several hours. Just like washing our underwear. Yes?

You keep the plunger on the bathroom floor (it sounds to me). Some folks would complain that was gross! What keeps the germs from walking all over the floor, and you come in and track them all over the house, including kitchen and bedroom.

The topic of exposure to germs can get easily out of hand.

The good news is I once had a nurse who I was dating tell me that "We are pretty much immune to our own germs."

Top Bottom