What's new

Sanguine Coolcut4

Well I have a number of straights (5 of them actually) on the way from thebay none of which will be shave ready all will need some type of restoratioN. While waiting for my Whipped Dog shave ready to arrive I thought I would try this. It's a Coolcut4 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/110848925885? I picked up on thebay for 13 plus change.

looks similar to the Parker shavettes. IMO, learning will be easier on your traditional straight from Whipped Dog. they are far more forgiving than shavettes. Try both (use a mild blade on the shavette IMO) and see what works, but dont get discouraged if you struggle with the "Coolcut4"

It's a good shavette, just realize that you'll have to be a lot more careful than with a traditional straight. Half DE blades, even the milder ones are violently unforgiving. Don't quit if it's too rough on you, because it isn't the same.

i have a coolcut 2 with personna blades apparently the 4 has more weight to it which should be better i really like mine but as people above have said they can be rough and takes some getting used to but i have not had any bad cuts or anything just go easy

Sanguine? Hope the one you get is not bloodthirsty... Very much a strange play on words to me as this is the root word of exsanguinate which we all learned on CSI means to bleed out.

Word Origin & History

sanguine
1319, "type of red cloth," from O.Fr. sanguin (fem. sanguine), from L. sanguineus "of blood," also "bloody, bloodthirsty," from sanguis (gen. sanguinis) "blood" (see sanguinary). Meaning "blood-red" is recorded from 1382. Meaning "cheerful, hopeful, confident" first attested

Sanguine? Hope the one you get is not bloodthirsty... Very much a strange play on words to me as this is the root word of exsanguinate which we all learned on CSI means to bleed out.

Word Origin & History

sanguine
1319, "type of red cloth," from O.Fr. sanguin (fem. sanguine), from L. sanguineus "of blood," also "bloody, bloodthirsty," from sanguis (gen. sanguinis) "blood" (see sanguinary). Meaning "blood-red" is recorded from 1382. Meaning "cheerful, hopeful, confident" first attested
Was gonna post the same thing. In french "sanguin" is litterally "bloody", that combined with a cool cut - isn't every cut cool? Chicks dig scars and shaving cuts are a quick way of getting nice straight scars - think Rambo.

I have a coolcut 4, the metal scales make it rather heavy compared to a typical straight and it can be tricky to manipulate.

Top Bottom