What do you think of sandalwood scent?

• I like it

• It's just OK

• It smells bad

• Art is King of Sandalwood.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now the feeling...
Have it in Truefitt & Hill, ToBS, AOS and Castle Forbes :w00t::w00t::w00t:
Prefer the scent of ToBS... but I'm addicted to the "shaving experience" of CF...

Last edited:
Having smelled a few different takes on sandalwood, I have absolutely NO idea on actual sandalwood smells like. I can only contribute the following
AOS sandalwood CREAM smells wonderful
Prairie Creations Teak and Sandalwood smells wonderful as well
C&E sandalwood is very nice
TOBS sandalwood is a tad harsh, but still nice
AOS sandalwood SOAP is @#$#@ stanky!

I like sandalwood quite a bit. QED Sandalwood is, to me, "the" sandalwood product to own. Unfortunately, you can't get it anymore.

I like Jagger/Muhle sandalwood interpretation, but it seems probably heavy on the fragrance oil. Didn't care for GFT sampler cream, hated DR Harris sw aftershave. So I'm a little wary of buying another type of sandalwood.

Love the TOBS and GFT versions of sandalwood. :w00t: didn't care too much for the Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood aftershave, though. It's one of my favorite scents among with Lavender, Vetiver, and Bay Rum.

I like sandalwood quite a bit. QED Sandalwood is, to me, "the" sandalwood product to own. Unfortunately, you can't get it anymore.

If you want to know what real sandalwood smells like, this is the product to try. Unfortunately, GFT, TOBS, etc. all smell nothing like real sandalwood.

Caswell-Massey makes a great Sandalwood soap. I abosluletly love it. I have Sandalwood Essential Oil at home and it's no the most pleasant so it has to be mixed . Its like Lavender, the Essential oil, not so good but thayers lavender witch hazel, wow. There the different scents from the floral and the essentail oil. The floral scents sometimes hard to come by. Usually you have find the hydrosols. But I like Caswell-massey the best.

Last edited:
I've only used C&E's Sandalwood. It's a nice, subtle scent that doesn't overpower (with my skin chemistry. YMMV :lol:).

I've also got some Sandalwood EO that I add to my generic Witch Hazel.

There are several varieties of Sandalwood that get used to fragrance things, so the actual scent can vary. Additionally, some manufacturers actually use Amyris as "Sandalwood".

This for me is very hard, since I always thought I didn't like sandalwood. To begin with I have never smelt a "Sandalwood" unlike a rose. I know what a rose should smell like. My first sandalwood experiences were with both C&E's cream and soap. Someone here on B&B said that C&E's SW Cream smelt like a ashtray. I went home and gave it a whiff, and he was right. However once I tried AOS Sandalwood Soap I was amazed at how great this stuff smells and shaves. I have now added AOS sandalwood cream to my den. Both AOS Sandalwood scents will be in my den for years to come.

I only have a sample of the Taylor Sandalwood shaving cream and I love it. A friend just emailed me that the cologne was awsome so that is a next for me. I have a Geo Trumper cologne called Marlborough on order but have no idea what it smells like other than "spicy" and is recommended by the ladies at the store; it maybe sandalwood from what I know.:thumbup:

If you want to know what real sandalwood smells like, this is the product to try. Unfortunately, GFT, TOBS, etc. all smell nothing like real sandalwood.
GFT doesn't, I agree. But TOBS does, if you look past the hefty dose of powder.

I hate to admit, but I don't know what sandalwood smells like. Does it smell like Van der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap?:001_huh:

Top Bottom