What's new

Sandalwood

I asked about the Trumpers Sandalwood earlier, but maybe this question is the one I should have asked...

I am looking to replace my stash of Kiehls pure sandalwood essential oil (they quit making it)...any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be an EO, but I prefer something on the pure/'concentrated' side of things

Shorty Long said:
I asked about the Trumpers Sandalwood earlier, but maybe this question is the one I should have asked...

I am looking to replace my stash of Kiehls pure sandalwood essential oil (they quit making it)...any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be an EO, but I prefer something on the pure/'concentrated' side of things
If you want something disgustingly strong and EO smelling - check out the AOS Sandalwood Cologne. The price may seem a bit high - but it is misleading as the product is HIGHLY economical, as one spray will last you about a week, whether you like it or not :biggrin: :lol:

Seriously - smells good, but is devilishly strong... too strong for anything other than a dark damp day, being outside, and 20 feet from the nearest human!

I am a *big* fan of the DR Harris Sandalwood aftershave. It is too strong to be used as an aftershave, and is more suited to use as a cologne, though you can use a tad more than one would normally use with a cologne.

I have heard from others that it is a *true* sandalwood. As it dries down, the scent becomes incredible, and I just can't stop sniffing myself :)

I'll second what Joel is saying about the strength of the AOS sandalwood.

It didn't work for me...at all...and I couldn't wash the damned stuff off. I walked around all day smelling like a urinal cake.

For a wonderful sandalwood scent try Floris' rendering. Another good sandalwood is made by our own Sue at saintcharles.

Top Bottom