What's new

Sandalwood soaps & creams

AOS Sandalwood is my favorite. Not sure if I like the scent of Proraso Red or Sandalwood by GD better, but those are also both real good, too. Fine Sandalwood is supposed to be a clone of AOS, but I don't have that soap in my den.

I find Fine Santal Absolut ok, both scent and performance. I've used a sample of Proraso Red cream,
also ok. Now Proraso Red aftershave to me is excellent. I've read that PAA has a good scented vegan
sandalwood and Eufro's is supposedly another good one. Use the site search and I'm sure some good
suggestions will appear.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+1 AoS is the standard for me, either cream or tallow based soap (I have enough to last me, haven't tried the newer formulation). Proraso Red cream is a pretty good Sandalwood

I really liked Taylor of Old Bond Street cream. However, it isn't a true sandlewood scent (I have a sandlewood comb), but more of a perfume / cologne version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like Proraso Red, TOBS Sandlewood and St. James of London Sandlewood. I had some AOS Sandlewood and the scent was a tad better than the above mentioned creams.

Not related to shaving, but look up old spice citron. I don't know if it's still made, but it has sandalwood and lime.

Proraso Sandalwood and Shea Butter is probably the best affordable option out there. They use pure Sandalwood oil and it's pretty close to the original. Not sure how quality the oil is, but I like it. The quantity used is very low anyway, no more than 2%.

ToOBS Sandalwood smells nicely, but not like Sandalwood. It smells more like a candy. Performance is mediocre.

T&H Sandalwood has a divine scent. But still, it does not smell like Sandalwood. It has a great cologne scent. I've already finished two tubs. I miss this one.

Proraso red is pretty natural and I love it! My wife loves it too and I got the matching aftershave, which I use a very small amount just for the extra scent.

I do not normally purchase products from AOS as I consider them to be overpriced compared to other vendors. However, last month, my daughter gave me a AOS gift card for my birthday. I decided to spend it on a puck of AOS sandalwood soap in a teak bowl for $50 plus tax and shipping. Refill puck are $30 for 3.3 oz. I was pleased with the soap performance and scent.

I still consider over $9 per ounce to be overpriced. I have better soaps in my den that cost $4-7 per ounce, although as a hard puck, it might last a little longer than some of the softer soaps. Thus, I do not plan on purchasing another AOS soap, at least not with my own money.

Another vote for AOS Sandalwood Tallow, if you can find it. It's my absolute favorite soap.

Fine Santal Absolut is supposed to mimic AOS, although I don't feel it's near as good. It's a solid choice and is enjoyable to use, but just not up to the level of AOS.

Stirling Sandalwood burned my face, so it's a no-go for me.

I really like Edwin Jagger Sandalwood cream. It's a very mild scent, so definitely not a good choice if you want something strong.

Top Bottom