What's new

Sandalwood shave soap recommendations

So I’m looking to get a sandalwood and or winter-ish scented shave soap, anyone have a seasonal favorite and does anyone have a absolute go to? I was eye balling the WCS winter blend but I’m opinion to suggestions!!!!

Stirling sandalwood is a really nice smelling tallow based shaving soap. And they sell nice sized samples.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

we are lucky to have so many sandalwood shave soap options.
in addition to those above...
Art of Shaving is great, straight sandalwood
Proraso Red
Taylor of Old Bond St sandalwood is a blast!
DR Harris sandalwood as well as their woodsy Marlborough, both with tallow.
Creed has a nice, cologny (albeit pricey) santal
You can also go cedar-scent, with PdP 63
Still, many more.
Enjoy the journey!

art of shaving sandalwood thiers issard february 25 2016.jpg

Art of Shaving Sandalwood is my #1 out of the 5ish sandalwood soaps I’ve tried. Fine Accoutrements makes a good clone if you don’t want to pay quite as much.

So I’m looking to get a sandalwood and or winter-ish scented shave soap, anyone have a seasonal favorite and does anyone have a absolute go to? I was eye balling the WCS winter blend but I’m opinion to suggestions!!!!

I have Proraso Red which is a great scent to my nose. Straight up sandalwood from what I can tell.
I also have DR Harris Marlborough which is more like sandalwood incense with some cedar rounding it out. Very nice and mostly sandalwood to me.

I've tried TOBS and that's a nice scent but I'm not sure it's very sandalwood centered. It's in there but it's very much more a blend. All three are good to me.

Well so far everyone is on board with proraso......I was thinking about trying Stirling however.
Try them both they are both priced inexpensively. And Stirling has generous samples if you want to go that route. I like them both. Stirling is a sweeter Sandalwood, and Proraso is more of a woodier sandalwood.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

I really like the proraso wood and spice cream, I'm hoping to get something along those lines. Sandalwood is the scent that came to mind you know.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
1. Proraso Red
2. Cyril R Salter Sandalwood (This is a cream that flies under the radar lately...it shouldn't)
3. Haslinger Sandalwood

Try them both they are both priced inexpensively. And Stirling has generous samples if you want to go that route. I like them both. Stirling is a sweeter Sandalwood, and Proraso is more of a woodier sandalwood.

Clayton
+1 to this. Their samples are not like the little bits you normally see, they're a full 1 - 1.25oz slice off a puck, so you definitely get a good amount to work with. You could try the regular sandalwood and vanilla sandalwood, 2 is better than 1 right ;-)

I have both Proraso Red and Haslingers on the go and both are very nice and simple scents. If you are open to creams, SJoL is outstanding in a more complex way.

I have to make sure I get this choice right, because for 2019 I'm pulling the pin on all purchases and moving into sabbatical mode.

Top Bottom