What's new

Sandalwood scent of one with latherability of another...

I have found that the Sandalwood DR Harris puck soap lathers far far better than the Truefitt I was using (well, to be fair, the Truefitt didn't lather at all) and has been a lovely experience all year. The only thing I'm wondering is if someone maybe knows of another puck soap that has the same latherability (invented word?) of DR Harris but with the Sandalwood scent of Truefitt that I prefer. If you know them both you'll know the Truefitt has a more traditional SAndalwood scent. Is Taylor's puck easily latherable?
Thanks!

I enjoyed my shave with Fine’s santal absolut (soap + splash) this AM! This is an AoS sandalwood clone that works well for me! :clap: :clap:

I enjoyed my shave with Fine’s santal absolut (soap + splash) this AM! This is an AoS sandalwood clone that works well for me! :clap: :clap:
Sounds great, but particularly to what I'm asking, does it smell like Truefitt and Hill's Sandalwood?

Perhaps just use the DRH puck and T&H aftershave...? That way you can have the best of both worlds. Perhaps.

Or simply use T&H cream, instead of hard soap: Sandalwood Shaving Cream Tube | Mens Shaving Cream | Sandalwood Cream – Truefitt & Hill (truefittandhill.co.uk)
The reason I prefer pucks is that I don't end up with unnecessary plastic waste after each one is finished. We like to keep our waste to a minimum where possible. Since pucks are an option, it doesn't quite justify the other way. And I did have the T&H after shave balm but again, one of the most wasteful packaging examples ever. Not only do you lose about a half a tablespoon the pump can't get to, but you cant open the glass jar to reuse it for something else. Shame because it's a lovely bottle. I've reached out to them and they've said they're aware of the un recyclability of their products and are working towards finding some kind of solution so that a glass bottle and unremovable plastic pump don't go to waste and that it's important to them as well.

Top Bottom