What's new

Sandalwood recommendations

I have two sandalwood aftershaves that I like a lot, and more importantly, my wife loves, Fine Santal Absolut and WSP Sandalwood. None of my 40 soaps are sandalwood scented. Can I get some recommendations for a soap with a great sandalwood scent?

Fine’s Sandalwood is a direct knock off of The Art of Shavings sandalwood. Get the AoS soap or cream to compliment the splash.

If you like Fine's Sandalwood, I recomend that you get the matching soap. Or get the original Art of Shaving Sandalwood (AoS).

Other nice scents IMHO are: Proraso red (somewhat similar to the AoS Sandalwood, but much more direct and simple (in a nice way), and quite earthy - love it), TOBS Sandalwood (more a kind of an incense approach), T&H Sandalwood (IMHO a light Sandalwood with an aquatic / colll-watery twist), Stirling Sandalwood (IMHO more cedary than typical Sandalwood and sweet, nice but for me not mind blowing).

If you like the AoS style Sandalwood, I want to make another suggestion: you may also like Stirling's Haverford, an ontake on Tom Ford's Tobacco & Vanille. Different of course, but I think it could be right up your alley.

Haslinger’s sandalwood is a favorite here! The scent is mind and fleeting which works well with most any AS. :a29::a29:

I have two sandalwood aftershaves that I like a lot, and more importantly, my wife loves, Fine Santal Absolut and WSP Sandalwood. None of my 40 soaps are sandalwood scented. Can I get some recommendations for a soap with a great sandalwood scent?
Since you like the WSP Sandalwood AS, have you tried the WSP Sandalwood soaps? They are available in Rustic or Formula T versions.

Valobra Sandalwood and Cold River Select Sandalwood. Simple scents, but still luxurious. Both also lather easily and are very slick.

Since you like the WSP Sandalwood AS, have you tried the WSP Sandalwood soaps? They are available in Rustic or Formula T versions.
+1 on WSP. That is some awesome, pure sandalwood. It is the only Sandalwood I use. I like Rustic better for the scent, but prefer Formula T for performance. It is an awesome, slick, moisturizing, tallow soap, but there is some extra scent in there that I believe is from the shea butter. I gladly sacrifice a little scent quality for the better performance though, and since I always finish with the amazing WSP Sandalwood aftershave, the slightly less pure scent of the Formula T is irrelevant anyway.

CBL Premium Soaps’ Iron Throne is a unique combo of menthol during the shave, followed by a nice lingering Sandalwood. It will go well with a sandalwood AS.

I don't have any familiarity with the Sandalwood aftershaves you have but for a Sandalwood soap I'd recommend Trumper's if you can get a good cake of it. The scent is outstanding and if Trumper's made an aftershave or EDT that matched it they'd make a bundle of money on it.

Unfortunately Trumper's Sandalwood variations for soap and scent are all over the map (each good in it's own right but entirely different from the others) and they don't have anything as a scent that matches their shaving soap.

Hope that helps.

Chris

If you like the Fine AS, i think you'd enjoy the matching soap. Fine soaps are excellent performers

my sandalwood soap benchmark is Art of Shaving tallow.
you can still find pucks available.
gillette bostonian aos sandalwood jan 20 2014s.jpg

Top Bottom