What's new

Sandalwood Cremo

Yes, same price I believe. They had tubes of original and cooling along with the tub of sandalwood. The women's aisle had tubes of Lavender and the old Mango one.
yeah kinda thought didn't see anything on cremos site about the new stuff but on targets the tub. didn't show up but the tubes showed up and I guess they have a shaving brush out that has a house knot for 22 dollars didn't have much information on it listed on targets site thought I haven't check anywhere esle online yet

I found it at Target.
thanks I'll have to check target the next time I'm there

I picked up a tub of Sandalwood at Target today. It was $7.99. They had the brush, but I was not impressed. They did not have the Lavender products.
Steve
IMG_4424.jpg

I love the Cremo Cooling with Menthol, Peppermint Oil and eucalyptus oil. The refreshing and cooling factor on your face is better than Proraso. I don't care much for their original as well but the cooling is great. I would love to try the Sandalwood and it is great that is is a lathering cream unlike the original and cooling! I will have to check this out! Thanks for the info!

I love the Cremo Cooling with Menthol, Peppermint Oil and eucalyptus oil. The refreshing and cooling factor on your face is better than Proraso. I don't care much for their original as well but the cooling is great. I would love to try the Sandalwood and it is great that is is a lathering cream unlike the original and cooling! I will have to check this out! Thanks for the info!

I am in agreement with you on the cooling and original. I just wish the cooling lathered. That is why the sandalwood interested me.
Steve

yeah kinda thought didn't see anything on cremos site about the new stuff but on targets the tub. didn't show up but the tubes showed up and I guess they have a shaving brush out that has a house knot for 22 dollars didn't have much information on it listed on targets site thought I haven't check anywhere esle online yet

thanks I'll have to check target the next time I'm there
The brush is a Vie long horse hair. Says so right on the box, I picked one up.

I passed the brush up as well, though I was tempted to get on just so I could transplant the knot into a nicer handle.

So I used the Cremo tub today. Very synthetic smell. Nice slick lather. Hardly any trace of sandalwood scent. The lather was acceptable. Probably wouldn't buy again to be honest

I see Cremo is detergent-based (vs soap-based, as are most classic shaving creams). Consequently, I wouldn’t expect the quality of Cremo’s lather to be on par with that of a good classic shaving cream.

My nose was plugged up with a cold, but when I smelled it. I got citrus. I'll have to try it again when I feel better.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The lathering tub product may not smell very much like sandalwood, but it is amazingly slick. I put it up against La Toja (sensitive) and green Proraso (tube) last week ... Hate to admit it was slickest.

Having trouble getting away from it, actually.

AA

I saw the Sandalwood and Mango tubes at Kroger in Atlanta today, but didn't pull the trigger, since I have a tub of the lathering creme. The tubes did NOT say they were lathering cremes

If I can get Sandalwood Lathering Creme in a tube, that would be nice for travel.

Today I used the Cremo Sandalwood lathering cream that comes in the tub. It face lathers identical to the cream in the tube when using identical amounts and performs no differently. Still provided a good shave though.
I also test lathered the same amount in a bowl as I would use of the cream in the tube and found the difference in lather negligible.
My personal assessment is that the cream in the tube and the lathering creams in the bowl cost the same and perform the same, so you might as well get the cream in the tube for it convenience. YMMV!
View attachment 760399
nice brush, btw

Top Bottom