What's new

Sandalwood Creams

The Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood cream is not discontinued. What's more it's 1/2 price on offer at the moment from their UK website so I gotta try that too!

I too am a sandalwood connoisseur. I have tried all the brands here except for the new Proraso, which I am waiting to receive. The very best for me is Muhle sandalwood cream. The fragrance and quality is superb. Edwin Jagger is virtually identical and probably sourced from the same company. Either one ranks at the top in my experience.

My Top Sandalwoods creams are:

1. AOS Sandalwood
2. GFT Sandalwood
3. Proraso Red
4. DR Harris Marlborough (is this a true sandalwood...hmmmm - it's great none the less)

That's all I own of Sandalwood based creams unfortunately :crying:

Dislikes:

TOBS Sandalwood - too much cologne
TF&H Sandalwood - FAR too much much cologne

Loved, but no longer in production:
TF&H Sandalwood old formula - very nice clean take on a natural sandalwood

The Cyril Salter sandalwood arrived today, just in time for a shave. It's quite different to the Trumper, the scent s a bit more punchy, with some cirtrus and spice fragrance (citronellol limonene, linalool), geraniol and cinnamal. It's a nice scent and a great performer. The Trumper OTOH is more like classic sandalwood.

AOS is my favorite too. TOBS isnt bad, it just smells more "soapy" compared to AOS which smells more of cologne.

I've been using Taylor of Old Bond Street's Sandalwood cream exclusively for the last two weeks (starting to miss my Tabac!) and I have to say its just wonderful. I have very sensitive skin and it really protects my face and smells great. Great lather which is nice and slick and it leaves you reminiscing about the old barber shop you went to as a kid. I'm sure there are sandalwoods out there that perform as good but for $13 a tub, you can’t beat it. I am interested in the Geo F Trumper sandalwood cream jar even though i had a slightly less than awesome experience with the GFT sample i tried a while back, but i may have not used enough water. At any rate, i highly recommend the TOBS sandalwood cream. If you spend $25 or more on Amazon it'll ship for free. Enjoy!

OP,
Have loved sandalwood scents for decades (dates back to a college crush with a girl who wore the EO of sandalwood as perfume) and the discussions I've followed on this topic seem to reliably point to the new Proraso as the most true to the scent of real sandalwood and also to the widespread popularity of AOS Sandalwood both in performance and scent.

I've tried the:

Proraso
T&H
TOBS
Trumper

My own take is that the Proraso is far and away the best scented. T&H is ok, but very mild. Wouldn't give you a nickel for the TOBS and the Trumper just uninspired.

QCS Mysore sandalwood is very nice and thanks to Sunfkake and his generosity, I have been able to try the Proraso red sandalwood. Very nice scent and as expected from Proraso, top notch performance.

Top Bottom