What's new

Sandalwood Cream by Greenpond

Someone asked for a review of this cream.. In lieu thereof, I'll provide my personal experience with Greenpond's offering after two shaves.
First, the most important thing! For what do we buy these things? The TUB! I'll give the packaging a ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺! 10 Smilies! Tub is much like that used by Taylor of Old BS. Made in England, I would not be at all surprised to learn that it was manufactured at Creighton's to Greenpond's specifications along with its contents.

On a more serious note, I really had a strange fragrance event with this cream on the first usage. It was as though I encountered the event horizon at the edge of a black hole and all things I had previously experienced had changed. Instead of the "frufru" multinotes to which we are so accustomed or the straight in your face from the woodshop single note, this was really different. At first I thought I had hit pine tar, then a good cup of lapsang souchang, then... I was paying so much attention to this very different fragrance (at least different than what I was expecting) I managed to take a divot out of my cheek-ache (the bumpy area where the upper lip and cheek become one and the whiskers are tougher than nails). Oh well, that is the price one pays for using their Progress like a cheese plane and misplacing.their attention. So I turned my attention to other things, like first aid!
Day two, as they say forewarned is fore-armed! Good shave. Good lubrication, as good as the 3Ts. Now let us deal with that KILLER fragrance. There was a bit of the wood smell of pine tar, of the pleasant clean notes of turpentine, and the customary spicy scent of sandalwood. All in all, a nice experience.
Oh let's rate the price. I'll give it ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠! Wow, 10 spades! Not quite sure what that means, but then again. Value is fairly easy to rate, having purchased this on sale with the Greenpond aftershave balm Really good stuiff, especially if you like the DR Harris aftershave milk, it was a bargain. If you have a few spare sheckels, escudos, or cisterces, go for it! Maybe you can tell me what that fragrance was!:blushing:

Ron, turn the shave cream tub over, and you have your answer - it is D.R. Harris product. Great stuff. The scent is Harris' sandalwood scent as well. I picked up the Harris Sandawood aftershave splash (very interesting stuff, more to come..), and the scent is very similar.

Harris no longer makes a Sandalwood under their own name, but the Green Pond stuff is made by Harris.

Scotto said:
Ron, turn the shave cream tub over, and you have your answer - it is D.R. Harris product. Great stuff. The scent is Harris' sandalwood scent as well. I picked up the Harris Sandawood aftershave splash (very interesting stuff, more to come..), and the scent is very similar.
Hmm... I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery? Anyway, I like this cream and really like the DR Harris Clear Sandalwood Aftershave. Too bad the B&B decant mavens can not see their way to something light and different for selections every month. SOSDM!
Perhaps we will get lucky and get some of DR Harris excellent colognes on the smorgasbord of fragrances. BTW, love the Traditional (ORANGE!)

Isn't that Harris Sandalwood A/S something special, Ron? I was super impressed with it. I thought it would be the same as the Pink with a different scent, but au contraire!

Scotto said:
Isn't that Harris Sandalwood A/S something special, Ron? I was super impressed with it. I thought it would be the same as the Pink with a different scent, but au contraire!
The Pink is for the delicate visage, whereas the Sandalwood is for the manly man that likes to slap that stuff on and scream in delight! I had it all over me when I was done splashing about! BTW, the Greenpond ASB is also DR Harris formulated!:001_rolle

Top Bottom