What's new

San Antonio Availability

I'm sorry you must have me confused with a method shaver!!!

first you thought I was CAR now a method shaver...the fumes stay away from the fumes!!!!

Raf

So you aren't CAR and you aren't a method shaver. Did you happen to overpay for the re-sale items? That's the only thing I have left to explain why you responded with...well, nothing. So you like Enchante...that doesn't change the fact that their prices are consistently the highest.

Do I have to bust out one of the 1,001 jokes about hookers in Austin? :w00t: Too easy....

Let's see what you got!!! they better be funny.

If the only thing you have is bashing CAR well you need to find a new hobby. In the meantime you go pay your so called lower prices plus shipping and I'll walk in and pay less than you do. Too easy...

Hookers in Austin?? if you find one worth our while with a full set of teeth let us know!! Btw those ladies asking for money at the traffic lights are not hookers sorry to dissapoint you...wait did you pay one of them????? oh man you were desperate!!!!

Raf

Let's see what you got!!! they better be funny.

If the only thing you have is bashing CAR well you need to find a new hobby. In the meantime you go pay your so called lower prices plus shipping and I'll walk in and pay less than you do. Too easy...

Hookers in Austin?? if you find one worth our while with a full set of teeth let us know!! Btw those ladies asking for money at the traffic lights are not hookers sorry to dissapoint you...wait did you pay one of them????? oh man you were desperate!!!!

Raf

How is quoting his prices "bashing" CAR? You seem to be emotionally invested in Enchante for some reason. I've run out of guesses as to why that is but I can't say I really care. You punctuate and argue like a teenager.

How is quoting his prices "bashing" CAR? You seem to be emotionally invested in Enchante for some reason. I've run out of guesses as to why that is but I can't say I really care. You punctuate and argue like a teenager.

Dear Sir,

I sincerely doubt the veracity of your statement in reference to my emotional investment to Enchante. I do resent when an individual makes comments based only on one experience then proceeding to "bash" a vendor who's prices are competitive with other prices on the available market. Then again, opinions is what this board is based upon and everyone can share their own. I took it upon myself to "poke" a little fun at your comment of outlandish prices with the ensuing exchange being enjoyable. Therefore, I did not felt necessary to place emphasis on my punctuation since I am not here to be graded by my English professor. The mere fact that you choose to attack what you appear to recognize to be my level of education, of which you have no knowledge, shows that your skills in the art of debate are also lacking. In the future if you care to address me for the purpose of discussing our shared enjoyment in the art of shaving please feel free to do so. If I have in any way offended your delicate sensibilities I will make a concerted effort to avoid such a situation. I do hope that the manner in which I have chosen to express myself meets your approval.

Good Day,

The uneducated teenager

Uhh like uhh was that much better uhh like I studied hard like wow dude!!!

Raf

Ok just so I got it straight, the thread got sort of jacked after a while haha...

For San Antonio shaving creams/soaps/aftershave essentials:
Art Of Shaving - their own line..
Nordstrom - some Truefitt & Hill and AoS, some others likely..
L'Occitane - their own line
Crabtree & Evelyn - their own line.
Target - few, possible Proraso.
No real lead on Trumper or Taylor sources.

I am going to assume, certain blades and brushes are available at
Art Of Shaving - Merkur

Anything else I miss?

thanks!!

Dear Sir,

I sincerely doubt the veracity of your statement in reference to my emotional investment to Enchante. I do resent when an individual makes comments based only on one experience then proceeding to "bash" a vendor who's prices are competitive with other prices on the available market. Then again, opinions is what this board is based upon and everyone can share their own. I took it upon myself to "poke" a little fun at your comment of outlandish prices with the ensuing exchange being enjoyable. Therefore, I did not felt necessary to place emphasis on my punctuation since I am not here to be graded by my English professor. The mere fact that you choose to attack what you appear to recognize to be my level of education, of which you have no knowledge, shows that your skills in the art of debate are also lacking. In the future if you care to address me for the purpose of discussing our shared enjoyment in the art of shaving please feel free to do so. If I have in any way offended your delicate sensibilities I will make a concerted effort to avoid such a situation. I do hope that the manner in which I have chosen to express myself meets your approval.

Good Day,

The uneducated teenager

Uhh like uhh was that much better uhh like I studied hard like wow dude!!!

Raf

Much better. Now try a letter to CAR and see if he can work on his prices for the British creams.

Much better. Now try a letter to CAR and see if he can work on his prices for the British creams.

Since you appear to have issue with his prices it would seem more appropriate if you write the letter. But we all know you won't write it.

Raf

Ok just so I got it straight, the thread got sort of jacked after a while haha...

For San Antonio shaving creams/soaps/aftershave essentials:
Art Of Shaving - their own line..
Nordstrom - some Truefitt & Hill and AoS, some others likely..
L'Occitane - their own line
Crabtree & Evelyn - their own line.
Target - few, possible Proraso.
No real lead on Trumper or Taylor sources.

I am going to assume, certain blades and brushes are available at
Art Of Shaving - Merkur

Anything else I miss?

thanks!!

I haven't found any of the British creams locally. The nearest C&E is in San Marcos(never have been but it's listed in an outlet mall). No idea on L'Occitane. The owner of the North Star Barber Shop(fake-straight shaves) recommended a barber supply store but for some reason I didn't put the name in my notes. You might try calling him and asking. I think I blew off his recommendation because he didn't recognize any of the names I mentioned and they used strictly Lucky Tiger products. Worth a shot I guess.

Local or online, you're either going to pay sales tax or shipping. That might be a decider if you're ordering kettlebells or stand-up safes but I don't think there's much difference for shaving items.

And at the risk of being accused of "bashing" every vendor in my spreadsheet....

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hopefully the info isn't out of date.

Blades and such I'd suggest you order a sampler from Letterk(sticky threads in Shaving Mall forum). That should be enough to last a couple months. I haven't even looked for blades at Wal-Mart or CVS yet so I've no idea if there's a local source. If you're new to the DE/straight thing you might want to check out Scotto's samples as well. Local sources for brushes I can't comment on. I ordered mine from Vintage and spent zero time looking around town.

Since you appear to have issue with his prices it would seem more appropriate if you write the letter. But we all know you won't write it.

Raf

I only suggest that you do it as a way to practice non-verbal communication skills. Just as you're perfectly content over-paying at Enchante, I am perfectly content ordering from QED or Vintage. See? We're all happy. Well, you will be once you get over defending every slight--real or imagined. Good luck with that.

I haven't found any of the British creams locally. The nearest C&E is in San Marcos(never have been but it's listed in an outlet mall)....

That's awesome.. thanks for the list! I guess we need to open a shop in SA then hahah...:thumbup: oh wells.. online it is I guess.

Nordstrom at La Cantera has most of the T&H creams, except for Grafton, in tubs and tubes. Also saw most of their colognes as well. No Lucky Tiger at all and the sales guy I spoke to said I was the second person that week to ask for that brand. They also had a bunch of AoS, Zirh, Anthony Log. etc. I'll be out that way next month and I might make the jaunt to Austin to get some overpriced Harris stuff.:biggrin:

I usually give a jingle to Britteny at T&H when I'm in a new town to see if they know of any retailers for their products in the area. Wish I could do the same with GFT.

Top Bottom