What's new

Samsung Watch - Alert

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Forewarned is forearmed.

My tale of woe was my own fault. When shopping for a Samsung Active 2 watch (golf edition) I noticed that Samsung.com had the same price as everyone else, so I assumed buying it from the source was the way to go.

6 months later the sleep function no longer worked. I went on their chat and they told me to ship it to them - they paid.

A couple of days later they informed me that part of the motherboard was damaged - (and I somehow caused that????) and I had purchased an international version of the watch, so please pay $155.00.

So there is a difference between Samsung.com and Samsung USA - and it's an expensive difference, so be careful when shopping. Apparently the international version of the watch is not as well made (please!).

I have it back without the repair, and I'm managing to survive without knowing how many minutes I slept last night.

I will be buying an Apple watch the next time around.

Unfortunate that your watch failed. I don't think most smartwatches are as durable as traditional watches yet.

The international vs USA issue was probably caused by the mobile data connection. It is a problem when buying Android phones as many times there is a slightly different model number for the USA version, international, worldwide, Japan+, etc. Due to needing different data modems to connect to all the frequencies used around the world, and the manfacturer doesn't want to use the more capable chips and/or not enough space to add them all. It use to be more challenging to buy a phone that would work in USA, Europe, and Asia.

My wife & I have had great luck with our Apple watches. I've had 3 and she's had 2 of them. No problems with any of them, but we've been Apple fans since the first Macintosh, which I still have and it still works.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Well you don’t need me saying it but that really sucks. Especially that they claimed that you caused it and won’t back it. I’m an apple user but not the watch. In fact I’m loving my (new to me) vintage watch circa 1969. It never knows when I’m sleeping.

Love my Samsung smart watch 3. I know that you actually have to enable water mode of you're going to get it wet. I just don't do it, but i don't shower with it like i would my tag...

I refuse to pay that kinda money. My old Pebbles are still going strong, and my gold pebble time looks great. However I have bought several Amazfit branded watches for work as they are cheaper and easier to clean.

I wouldn't buy anything made by Samsung. You can read about my experiences with their products here:

Top Bottom