What's new

Samples!! Who doesn't love samples??

I know I sure do! Whether it's ordering a boat-load of samples from Maggard's (like I just did), or the samples included free when you purchase soaps and splashes from some of the artisan makers, it's a great way to determine what works, what doesn't, and what just makes you think, "meh" without losing your shirt. I JUST LOVE samples. Shaving samples from reputable sources, that is. As always, YMMV.

Heck I would not mind brands selling all soap flavors in one sample/travel size go for a sharp price.
would take some time to finish all stirling since you can shave a month with one sample. But I would do it.

I'll sometimes order soap samples to try a new maker, scent, or base. Sure beats going all-in on a tub & finding out you don't like it or it doesn't agree with your skin.

I’ve only just recently worked my way through all the samples I’ve accumulated from going to Merz in Chicago for several years.

Sometimes they’ll go kinda nuts with the free samples.

I am used taking a bit of soap sticking it in my lathering bowl and do the loading/lathering in there so never an issue (and it keeps all the stock dry and clean)

I love samples as well and I won't buy the full size of any product new unless I've tried the sample. It's too easy to end up with 100 yrs of soap, aftershave, etc without samples. The flip side of to sell off all the stuff also is a hassle I can avoid with samples. Love them!!

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Yay, samples!
2E63160A-0FF5-433A-83B5-0C8FDF0C5016.jpeg

Try scooping the soap out of the sample jar and mashing it in the bottom of a bowl or scuttle. Works for me!

I do the same thing except I also add a tiny bit of water to the shave bowl before I get in the shower. By the time I'm out, the soap has softened nicely and I use a slightly damp (i soak it under the faucet then shake it out) synthetic brush to create a very good lather.

I'm a fan of samples.
Most of all colognes: I don't need more than a few 100 ml bottles which will last me a very long time.

Least of all: Soaps (as noted above - a bit of a nuisance) - but I still like them.

They could make the samples a bit larger but there is a balance between handling costs packaging costs and final product cost Versus revenue.
Issue is that samples will always be expensive to execute.
though I am pretty sure lots of shavers would love 2oz pucks

Top Bottom