What's new

Same soap all the time

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Does any one use the same shaving soap all the time? Is this a Heresy?
1633201006288.gif

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yes, you'll find them on the My guess 3017 thread. I have been using a Proraso green tub for about the last six or eight weeks (although it feels like a lifetime). I have started using a variety of soaps again as I am using my second blade in the Polsilver Unobtainium blade PIF and I don't really want to post a bunch of identical shaves

I used ToBS Jermyn St exclusively for years2-3, 3-4.
This winter/ spring I woke up. Tried many creams and soaps( soaps left a SOAP scent that took over the Den.)
I’ve ended up with three creams I’m using regularly, with another in the mail.
And using a different blade.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I cannot imagine that. No need to go nuts, I'm not saying that, but just one every day?? Ugh.

For the five years I was on sabbatical from this place I used one razor and one blade exclusively, every day. A Merkur 34C and Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks.

But I usually had Cella, Proraso green, and TOBS Rose cream in the den to rotate through. Maybe also one seasonal, like Don Marco in summer, or the much-missed QCS Basilica in the winter. Certainly not the dozen I have now.

But just one? That boggles my mind more than just a little bit.

I agree with Dan. If not banned, you need to at least be put on a watch list. :lol:

I use a variety of Shaving soaps on my neck but i been using the unlabelled project from RazoRockfor my head shaves for Atleast 18 months I went through a tub and luckily scooped another one . I will switch it up a bit now that I know that they don't sell that project anymore in order to preserve what I have left but that soap just was the Ace for me

I am thinking about my dad’s generation who used the same soap and aftershave all the time. Was that a simpler time. I think I am always looking for the next best thing. Maybe I am missing out on the simple enjoyment of shaving by always thinking about want I use next.

I did that when shortly after I first started wet shaving. But after I stumbled upon this board, I was introduced to a world of shaving soaps and creams. I've tried a number of board favorites and even some not so favorites. While I would be perfectly comfortable using just one shaving soap for the rest of my life, I'm also enjoying the variety of soaps and creams in my den.

Of course, if someone were happy with sticking to just one soap, more power to him. If it works for him and he's happy, who am I to tell him he's doing it wrong? 🙂

There are way too many good soaps out there for me to stick with one. I like starting the day, after my morning coffee, with the tactile pleasure of working up a great face lather and the sensual pleasure of a good scent. So, I select a soap every morning. For a few favorites I'll end up using them for 4 or 5 days in a row, but then I feel like a change. We are very lucky to have so many good artisans out there to feed the pleasure.

By a strange coincidence I've been thinking about doing just that! I love M.W.F. but she's a jealous mistress and hates to be ignored, if not used regularly it withholds the full experience. So with my next puck I'm hoping to give it my full attention. But the question is can I stick to it!🤔

By a strange coincidence I've been thinking about doing just that! I love M.W.F. but she's a jealous mistress and hates to be ignored, if not used regularly it withholds the full experience. So with my next puck I'm hoping to give it my full attention. But the question is can I stick to it!🤔
Just get it wet every few days and it will not mind if you occasionally use other soaps.

🤨 ;)

Top Bottom