What's new

Same soap all the time

I 3017 and use the same soap from beginning to end, but move on to a different soap when I finish one. When my stash is finished in the next few years, I expect to rotate from soap to soap, but will only keep one in the house at a time. I learned my lesson to not buy 15 years worth of shaves at a time.

I 3017 and use the same soap from beginning to end, but move on to a different soap when I finish one. When my stash is finished in the next few years, I expect to rotate from soap to soap, but will only keep one in the house at a time. I learned my lesson to not buy 15 years worth of shaves at a time.
I like this idea, it's like what a normal person would do!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't want to get bored with just one soap, but I also don't want multiple tubs or pucks of soap lying around. Especially since I have so many aftershaves. I am very seasonal, so I picked 4 soaps for the different seasons. It allows me to at least make a dent in the current puck I'm using and also lets me switch up to the next season and not get bored.

I started with
Proraso: Summer
Tabac: Fall
Haslinger Schafmilch: Winter
La Toja: Spring

I used up all the Tabac two Falls ago, but found a puck of L'occitane Cade hidden in a drawer. It's Juniper scent, is a nice Fall change up from Tabac. It's a tripled milled hard soap, so i'm sure it will take me a dozen Falls to get thru it, before I go back to Tabac.

Even though I stick to those individual soaps mainly, I have a few left overs from my hoarding soap days that I can get a quick shave from, if I start getting burned out on a soap and need a small break.

I keep the cheaply priced per shave Arko and Van Der Hagen for my travel kit. They are very generic soaps, so they fill in quite nicely if I need a break from any of the others. I also found a kilo brick of the discontinued rose scented German soap, Klar Kabinett hidden away that I forgot I had. And of course, there are a few half empty tubes of creams thrown into dark drawers that I could always dig out if I get desperate.

It's funny, once I splash on the aftershave i have chosen for the finisher, I forget all about the soap I used. Once I have splashed on Tabac AS, I could care less anymore whether the soap I used was Tabac or Cade. I still end up smelling like Tabac.

:)

Top Bottom