What's new

Same Razor Every Day?

Just wondering how many of us have settled in on using one razor exclusively every day?..
I did. I have been using an EJ DE89 exclusively since 2014. I change everything else as often as I want, but never my razor. I must say that I have had this razor in use since 2011.
It could have been a different one, so it happens it is an EJ. Cannot really remember why I chose it, but maybe because of a thread regarding longevity of a zamac head and wanted to see for myself.
When the EJ dies, I will settle on a stainless razor and use it exclusively till the end of my days.

Ive got a few but I use my Merkur 38c pretty much exclusively now. Every since I got it, my Muhle R89, R41 and my '80 Gillette Super Adjustable have been collecting dust in my nightstand.

I did. I have been using an EJ DE89 exclusively since 2014. I change everything else as often as I want, but never my razor. I must say that I have had this razor in use since 2011.
It could have been a different one, so it happens it is an EJ. Cannot really remember why I chose it, but maybe because of a thread regarding longevity of a zamac head and wanted to see for myself.
When the EJ dies, I will settle on a stainless razor and use it exclusively till the end of my days.
I wouldnt could on it dying any time soon, unless maybe you drop it. All of those old brass Gillettes are still going strong 50 years later.

I use many razors, as I like the variety. If I had to use the same one every day, it would probably be the Asylum RX. Two reasons. One is that although it's not my favorite razor, it's the easiest one to use among my "aggressive" razors, and provides a shave almost as close as my favorite. The other is that, unlike my DEs, I get a completely different shave with different blades. (Variety can slip in through the back door...)

The other option is the Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb in antique brass. My best shave, and my nicest looking razor (except perhaps my Wolfman).

I have been using my Merkur Futur for the past eleven years. Bought it to replace a vintage one I inherited from my father - that has a dent in it - that took a chunk of shin out of my cheek.
Johnny

I've been using my 34C since 2008 and am happy with the shave it gives. I'm confused as to what difference the razor actually makes ?.. From what I've been reading the 37C, slant, is supposed to reduce the amount of passes you need, I currently do a 3 pass shave so I'm curious about and considering buying one. Other than the joy of collecting them and having them as conversation pieces not sure why anyone would really need more than one.

After much trial and error I've found the one and the one blade for it. I'm a head shaver and I use a different one for my melon. Face ATT S2 and head ATT M1, head shaves with a slant can get dicey hence the 2nd razor. I have 2 other razors but they don't get used and are being sold.

Top Bottom