What's new

Same Razor Every Day?

I sold pretty much all of my razors recently. I still have two Schicks, a Type L and a Type M, that I plan to use from here on out.

i am changing the razors insted af the blade , well right now i use a 38c ( same head as 34c) With a derby extra its the 7th shave , when the blade is duller i am going to shim the razor or change it to the 39c (slant) , i also have the futr and the ming shi 2000 but i wait With these . its also good to use a gillette Tech , which i shim as the blade gets dull.

I was gonna chime on here and brag that this morning was my sixth straight shave with a post-war Tech but I see that others go a lot longer than that, lol.

I'll use it again tomorrow. I remember thinking this morning that I could probably just use this all the time. It's that good. I have it on a UFO Titan Fine L handle and the weight and balance is just perfect.

But I know I'll never settle into one razor. Ever.

About two months ago I purchased a Merkur Progress which has replaced my Merkur 34c as my daily shaver.

Using the Progress on 2 is very close to the 34c, maybe a notch more aggressive.

Both are awesome shavers.

I tried a fair number of razors before settling on my daily driver (Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle)!

Now working to get there with the rest of my kit (but failing miserably!)

I'm now settled to Rockwell 6s. Having tried much more expensive razors, this one is now the only razor I'm using. An amazing razor and an excellent gift from a very generous member of B&B. I really like it!

I have several but only use a couple. EJ89 is my favorite, followed closely by a No date code English Tech.

*2 Slims - one for each boy when they are ready to shave. Both excellent condition. Used one of them maybe twice, liked it enough that I may get one for me if I can find another that is in similar condition.​

*60 something Super Speed - don't like it. Probably won't use it again.​

*Pre-war tech - OK, but not as good as post-war tech or EJ89.​

One the way: Rockwell 6c whenever they start shipping.

I like the 34C and have been using it for the last 18 months. However I am hoping to put the Progress back into use soon. I have 5 razors and don't rotate. The idea of a rotation worries me in case inconsistency creeps in.

I love collecting and using a variety of vintage safety razors. I only have a handful of modern.
Same for me. For at least a month I'm gonna just use the ball end gray steel Tech, my favorite. With one brush (Omega Boar) and soap too. (Proraso Red).

I kind of like to change things up fairly frequently. I use a different brush each time I shave and typically reach for a different razor as well. I also use a different cream/soap. I may use the same lather bowl for a few days but invariably I will change out the bowl after no more than a week. Same goes for aftershaves. I have found that after a bit, I get tired of the same scent everyday, even if I started out loving that scent. I'm just one of those who needs to try something different. Of course, that doesn't help my various AD's. Razor count keeps growing, creams, soaps and aftershaves keep growing in number. I can now see how people can fill an entire room with nothing but shaving gear. I don't think I'll get to that point but I truly understand it.

I used same razor every day for years...Gillette cartridges.

I will not settle to only one DE because it is part of the fun have and use many DE razors :).

I too use my 34c 90% of the time. I have had it for 6 months and have yet to see a single drop of blood shaving both head and face with many different blades. I think i could shave with this thing standing on my head and not cut myself. Remarkable razor.
My R41 is too aggressive most of the time, and rarely gets a look in. My DE89 is still great but sits in a stand with a brush looking shiny and pretty on the window ledge of my shave den. If i use it i feel i need to wash and shine it again afterwards which isn't always practical. The 34C is the workhorse. I'd like a butterfly razor at some point, maybe Aristocrat, but i have a feeling the 34C will still be the one i turn to most of the time. I particularly like the short handle for head shaving.
Sometimes i use both the Merkur and EJ together and do a comparison for fun. I find the DE89 noticeably more aggressive but both are mild.

I have 6 beautiful vintages and 1 lovely modern (AS-D2). And 4 vintages inbound incl. no less than 2 Slims. Love the Slim, that is my favourite among my current 7.

But I really like to switch regularly. Honestly if I only went for the perfection of the shave I should grab the Feather every time. But I like the changes and sensing the small differences and caracteristics of each model. And the Feather sometimes feel almost too perfect.

Last couple of months I've changed razor every time I'd change blade (i.e. every 4-5 days) and most of my razors are in this rotation. But I will probably reduce it and use the Slim(s) a lot more. But definitely not exclusively.

I don't shave every day, but when I do, I use one of my 1918 Gillette Bulldogs. I have over a hundred razors, mostly vintage and I've used almost all of them at least once. The three that I like and work the best for me, I keep in the bathroom, a Fat Boy, Toggle, and Bulldog. Every time I get ready to shave, I debate which one to use and lately I've grabbed the Bulldog. It easily mows down a couple days growth and it's the only 3 piece that I don't have to adjust the blade before I shave, I just drop it in, tighten it down and go. Oh and it's nice to look at.

Top Bottom