What's new

Same Razor Every Day?

In a way yes. For my face I exclusively use the Rockwell 6s with a Feather Blade.
For head shaves I alternate between the 6s and the Feather ASD2. Fantastic razors.

For the past 2+ years I use the same razor about 98% of the time. On rare occasions I use my '53 President or R41.

I rotate my razors every time I change out a blade. If a certain blade lasts me 5 shaves, then I use it in the same razor for those 5 shaves. My daily driver that I always go back to though is my Lord L6. Nothing I own shaves me any better.

For the most part, I don't rotate. I used a Merkur 23c for a long time, and a few months ago switched to a Gillette Super Adjustable. I'm sure in a few months I will switch to something else for a while. But I'm not one for frequent rotations in general. I tend to swap my brush monthly and usually select one or two soaps to use for a whole month. Not much space in the bathroom so this lets me keep the rest packed away.

Sounds a lot like my story. I am down to one razor >90% of the time (Wolfman WR1)! It just works for me.

Just like the OP, I use my Merkur 34C exclusively, nothing else.

BBS shaves with 2 passes and one clean-up.

Astra SP, Feather and Gillette Silver Blue blades

An awesome shaver.

i had 5 razors in my rotation, 3 adjustables, 2 open comb and after all the hype on the 34C i bought one. it is about the same weight and feel of my original Slim. for me, it is the most easy to shave with, not having to worry about nicks; however, the shave is not quite BBS, unless i use a Feather and a little ATG pressure. i now have 6 razors in my normal rotation, use each until the blade dies, about 4 +/- 1.

there's always a plan B.

I use the same razor for every shave. Pre-War Fat Handled Gillette Tech (Triangular Holes). For me, there's nothing smoother and more efficient than that DE. I've had mine replated along with with another for a spare/backup. I've tried many of the new stainless steel models along with some of the renowned classics.

The Tech beats them all for me. Of course, the obligatory YMMV.

Yep ... EJ DE89 barley. I have picked up my R41 maybe 3 times in the last 9 months so certainly haven't got a rotation. My 50's Gilette Rocket 500HD was used once and never picked up again... the DE89 works for me and cured any potential RAD before it began.

I use about 10 different razors on a rotation. Sometimes I use one for three or four shaves and the swap to another, and sometimes I swap daily. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Some razors lend themselves to quick shave more than others and they get used when in a hurry, some are lazy shave type razors that you need to take your time with.
Some I shave with just because I read something on here about them. I have a collection of around 100 so most everything Gillette and many non Gillette models are in my collection.

Every so often I pull out a slant because I read someone here praising them and try mine again and realize that no matter how hard I try a slant just doesn't do as well for me as many other razors.
One thing I like about a rotation is that It keeps you honest with your technique, you have to be spot on every shave when you swap from a Tech to a fatboy set on 9! lest there be a second bath following the first one. But the second bath consist of lots of blood and is usually followed by screaming like a school girl, with animals being frighted into stampede mode, women and children weeping, etc...

By the way there is nothing more fearful than a house cat stampede!
:blink::clap::a14::001_tt2:

In my Real Man's Bathroom (TM) in the cellar, where I keep most of my shaving stuff, I change razors whenever the urge to do so hits me. I probably shave in the cellar 2 or 3 times a week. In the master bath off our bedroom, where I shower, I keep one razor, one brush, & one soap. There's too much other stuff (belonging to the woman of the house) in that bathroom for me to start piling razors up there. A 34C was there for about 6 months, but now there's a black handled superspeed up there. One tub of Proraso green, and a Razorock synth brush.

Hi,

I have several razors, acquired over the past 41 years. Usually, it is a case of using one for quite some time before changing. For the past few years, it has been a Fasan DoubleSlant.

But, come OCtober, I have six other open comb razors which will run in a pattern of a different razor each day of the week for the month of october.

Stan

Just have the one razor, a Mongoose, and no real plans to acquire another. Except that, well, I really like the look & sound of that Asylum Evolution . . .

I try to switch it up between my SC NEW and my slim though I do use the SC a bit more. Then I also have a rocket on the way though so that will have to be worked in somewhere. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have accumulated around a dozen razors and I tend to settle on one for a few weeks/months. It was a Schick Krona then a Fatip Piccolo followed by a Feather Popular, then a Tech. Reading the SE forum on Friday I had the urge to use my Ever Ready 1912, which I did, and today I used my Gem OCMM. Probably back to the Tech again for weekday shaves from tomorrow.

Just wondering how many of us have settled in on using one razor exclusively every day?

I settled in with my 34C about a year and a half ago and really have no desire to use any other razor. For a few years before that I tried a decent array of razors: EJ DE89, Fatip, New SC, Tech, Fatboy, and maybe 1 or two others. Every time went back to the 34C it just felt like a great shave. All the other razors are gone now with the exception of the Tech 54 Ball End that I keep around for a spare or travel razor. Life is good, shaves are great, and I don't have to think about what I am going to be using each morning.
Makes perfect sense.. no need for multiple's

Top Bottom