What's new

Same brand blade in different razors

Is it normal for the same brand bade to feel different when used in different razors? I am working my way through a supply of Merkur blades and have one in both my Schick Krona and Gillette Fatboy. In the krona, it gives a nice gliding shave while the same brand in the "Fatboy" seems to tug and pull more than glide. Was just curious if anyone else experienced this or if I should just go find a new brand of blades.

Is it normal for the same brand bade to feel different when used in different razors? I am working my way through a supply of Merkur blades and have one in both my Schick Krona and Gillette Fatboy. In the krona, it gives a nice gliding shave while the same brand in the "Fatboy" seems to tug and pull more than glide. Was just curious if anyone else experienced this or if I should just go find a new brand of blades.

Glad you mention this because when I first used Merkur blades it was tuggy in my Progress...and I tossed em in the back of the closet. Now I collect them and love them in my Flare tip especially, but others as well.

Polsilvers and Gillette Super Platinum Blacks & Blues and PermaSharp Supers all seem to perform the same in my Feather and Futur razors.

Lucky me!

They seem to work the same in different razors for me. In my opinion it's all about technique and being careful. I use personna lab blues and feathers in all my razors.

Top Bottom