What's new

Salmon River Falls, NY

proxy.php

I haven't tweaked this out yet, but I wanted to get it online.

People who aren't familiar with NY State or have only been to NYC are unaware of all the undisturbed land. There are plenty of very beautiful forests, streams, parks, mountains, farm land, etc.

People who aren't familiar with NY State or have only been to NYC are unaware of all the undisturbed land. There are plenty of very beautiful forests, streams, parks, mountains, farm land, etc.

Yes there are plenty of great places to visit but all people know is the city .

I grew up just a few miles from that spot. I have a couple of similar photos - though none anywhere near that nice.

I grew up just a few miles from that spot. I have a couple of similar photos - though none anywhere near that nice.

Thanks. I've been real happy with my first digital point and shoot. Its the latest waterproof Olympus 790SW. I went that route instead of SLR because I wanted something I could keep in my fly vest without worrying about an impromptu bath.

When your gear isn't the best, you just need to find pretty places. I've put some of them up on my Picasa site, http://picasaweb.google.com/SHSeidman/

Most have been posted to B&B here and there.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nice photo ...

as a camera neophyte, I'm not too sure what you mean by 'tweaking'?? Can you explain that term? Thx.

Well, the GIMP, anyway. I like to run everything through a light adaptive unsharp, at least. When I do this, I get something that looks really good on a monitor, but it might print a bit contrasty. I'm trying to find the right balance, but I don't have a printer, so my feedback process is a bit slow.

Top Bottom