What's new

Sales

Sacramento, CA: Kilbeggan Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey .750L $25.97 Costco. Devlin Irish Whiskey $16.99 1L Trader Joe's

Reactions: Avi
Total wine in Northern California has Dewers white label 1.75 L on sale for $17. Sometime Costco has them for that price also.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There’s a Costco opening up about an hour from me. I’m getting a membership just to shop their liquor department. I hear it’s quite Epic
IIRC, you don't need a membership for the Costco liquor store. (I have a membership for the local Costco ... but they are not allowed to have a liquor store in this Canadian province. *sigh*)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IIRC, you don't need a membership for the Costco liquor store. (I have a membership for the local Costco ... but they are not allowed to have a liquor store in this Canadian province. *sigh*)

Not my darn state

These states allow you to legally buy alcohol from Costco without a membership:
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Indiana
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • New York
  • Texas
  • Vermont

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not my darn state
Bummer.

Well, having a Costco membership isn't the end of the world. (When the local Costco opened up a gas bar years ago, this town went from the most expensive gas in a 300 mile radius to the cheapest.)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Watch out for Costco. I’ll go in there to buy 3 things and leave $400 poorer. They carry things I never knew I needed until I found it there. They’re liquor dept has good prices but not a ton of selection. They’re store brand liquors usually get pretty good reviews and are very cheap. If you’re looking for wine your in better luck, large wine selection with some truly great buys.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Watch out for Costco. I’ll go in there to buy 3 things and leave $400 poorer. They carry things I never knew I needed until I found it there. They’re liquor dept has good prices but not a ton of selection. They’re store brand liquors usually get pretty good reviews and are very cheap. If you’re looking for wine your in better luck, large wine selection with some truly great buys.

Wine for sure. Specifically - Port Wine. The stores around me have a terrible selection. 5-7 bottles is all. Granted, I have found some 20yr stuff and a couple Vintage bottles. But I would love to shop a larger collection of Port since it’s my favorite style.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Wine for sure. Specifically - Port Wine. The stores around me have a terrible selection. 5-7 bottles is all. Granted, I have found some 20yr stuff and a couple Vintage bottles. But I would love to shop a larger collection of Port since it’s my favorite style.
I hate to break it to you but Costco, at least the 3 close to me, don’t usually carry a big selection of port (which sucks because I like ports as well). They usually have a tawny and LBV, as in one brand of each, and occasionally will get a shipment in of Vintage ports but when they’re gone you won’t see them again for 6mo to a year. One of my biggest gripes with Costco is they’re not consistent on some of the products they carry. You may find a brand of wine or other product that you really like, buy it every trip for a year then it’s just gone, never to be seen again.

Top Bottom