What's new

Saint Charles Shave

Two of the SCS aftershaves have piqued my interest. First the New Spice splash. I'd like to know what this smells like. The description on the site is very intriguing but isn't very informative. Second their aftershave milks. I'm typically a splash guy but this cold winter weather isn't doing my face any favors. I don't like the oily feeling a balm can leave and I've read that a milk is supposed to be lighter than a balm. Anyone care to give some input on one or both of these aftershaves?

Out of my SCS EdT samples – New Spice, Very V, and Dagger – the closest to my taste was probably New Spice. To my nose New Spice is a food scent: sweet, heavy, and dessert-like. It reminds me of caramel or crème brûlée. Gents have also compared it to egg nog, or to Thierry-Mugler "A*Men".

I have also tried samples of SCS aftershave splashes: lavender, sandalwood, and savory rose. All three are quite moisturizing, so I would not rule them out for dry weather. My guess is that they have a fair amount of glycerin. The lavender strikes me as quite medicinal, almost like bactine. The sandalwood reminds me of high-toast whiskey barrel. The rose was my favorite, and I plan to get a full bottle.

Top Bottom