What's new

Saint Charles Shave Group Buy - Final w/ Ordering Instructions

This morning had a very nice shave. Still a newb.

Lovely Coconut Oil Cream shave.
Mediteranian Aftershave.
The sample X4 on my wrists.
The EDT on neck and chest.

My son is spraying Dagger EDT laughing saying all the girls will be following him today around school. (9 years old) lol

Oh and the package was neatly wrapped in some black scrunchy paper and not a drop lost.

Thanks Sue you ROCK! :biggrin:

KriKee !!
How did I miss this screamin deal ?? :eek:

Congrats to all who participated in this venture; that is a fabulous selection of goodies
!!

I could not be more pleased. I had my first shave with a SCS soap, Melaaze scent yesterday. Fantastic shave. Moisturizing, cushioning, lovely! I easily pressed mine in to wood soap bowls, and applied the labels from the bags to the bowls.

I used the Coconut Oil cream today. I love SCS creams. Very moisturizing, and great shave. I am not a huge coconut fan, but I enjoyed it thoroughly!

I have used the Mediterranian Citrus splash the last two days. I love it. Actually today I put a drop of the ASM in with the splash, and loved it.

I have been using the Bay Rum w/ a twist ASM from a previous order for quite a while now, and swear by it. See the review for more information.

I have been a fan of SCS EDTs, but that Dagger is something special. Wearing it now.

The Orange Sorbet shave stick is very cool. How can this thing not make you crave a push pop?

Thanks again to all involved!

Mine came in the mail yesterday, and I was quite excited! The post office decided to handle it with at least a little care, because the box wasn't too banged up, and everything inside was perfect. I had quite an evening of opening everything up and smelling it all, and man it was even better than I was hoping!

Today I also did the Coconut Oil cream, and I find I was quite taken by that scent. Followed it up with some of the Bay Rum w/ a twist, and also the Dagger EdT. Wow.

Thank you so much Sue and Wendy, and another huge thanks to Tinzien for all the work in getting this together. You guys are great!

By the way, my box had the citrus basil and Dagger soaps. The citrus soap blends very well with the coconut cream as a superlather. Follow with a hit of the Med Splash and you're good to go!

I could not be more pleased. I had my first shave with a SCS soap, Melaaze scent yesterday. Fantastic shave. Moisturizing, cushioning, lovely!

There's not anything I can find on B&B posted on the scent of Melaaze, rodd -- could you (or anyone else) describe it? Sue's description on the site ("Melaaze is a bold blend of citrus, fruits, spices and masculine woods") is a bit vague to me.

Thanks!

There's not anything I can find on B&B posted on the scent of Melaaze, rodd -- could you (or anyone else) describe it? Sue's description on the site ("Melaaze is a bold blend of citrus, fruits, spices and masculine woods") is a bit vague to me.

Thanks!

Great question, unfortunately it is a very difficult scent to describe. It is quite complex in my opinion. It does have a citrus scent, I would say more of a grapefruit, maybe even a bit of pineapple? I would say the woody is a mix of cedar and oak, but my sniffer is not the best for identifying parts of scents. Sorry I can't describe it better. It is quite pleasant though. Anyone with a better nose care to take a shot?

I would have liked more citrus soaps in my package. As for the EDTs, the wife is already telling me to sell them because I am only allowed to wear the cologne I was wearing when she met me.:rolleyes:

Great question, unfortunately it is a very difficult scent to describe. It is quite complex in my opinion. It does have a citrus scent, I would say more of a grapefruit, maybe even a bit of pineapple? I would say the woody is a mix of cedar and oak, but my sniffer is not the best for identifying parts of scents. Sorry I can't describe it better. It is quite pleasant though. Anyone with a better nose care to take a shot?

I would have to agree with the grapefruit component but I think that there is a cedar component that stands out predominately with the citrus. I would also say that it has some spice components. The scent starts off strong but calms down quickly and blends well.

There's so much stuff here that I haven't been able to explore it all yet.

-Dagger EDT is great
-I received the almond and melazze soaps. I just shaved with the almond soap just now and it produced a great lather and smells great
-Bay Rum w/ a Twist AS Milk is great
-The deodorant is a nice change from my Old Spice deodorants

Haven't had time to use the rest. With the amount of stuff in here, I think I'll still be exploring until the end of the month. I think I'll shave with the coconut cream tomorrow evening and wear the Arrimarse to work in the meantime.

It's like a big Christmas in the bathroom for me. Sunday I tried the ginger scent soap on Sunday, the Melaaze on Monday and the Coconut Oil cream this morning. I am not the best at identifying scents, but all are complex and sophisticated. There is a lot going on here. Sue and Wendy have quite a nose for scents.

The soaps easy made some very slick lather. The cream took a bit more effort and water than I am used to using, as advertised, and I am going to continue to use it until I am confident I am making the best lather I can make with it. Having said that, I did generate enough suds for four passes and it was slick, but it tended to breakdown somewhat quickly. I am confident I am the problem here and look forward to using it again tomorrow.

I have also used Rose ASM, the Lavender ASM (already had this one), the Avocado oil ASM, the Jagger and Arrimarse. I don't know how to describe the Arrimarse, other than to say I like it.

I already have the Bay Rum with a Twist EDT and am eager to try the ASM. I think I have avoided the clash of scents and chose ones that while different also blended well. SWMBO has not complained and even has complimented me, so I am doing something right. She really likes the Jagger.

I also have a sample of an EDT called X4 (I think it is) and will try that one soon.

On the customer service side, Sue has already sent me a replacement bottle of the Mediterranean Citrus splash.

For price, even the normal retail price, the soaps, creams ASM's and EDT's are a bargain. Considering all that is included here, this comes under the heading "deal of the century."

If I sound as if I am gushing a bit too much, well, sorry. I am really pleased I got in on this deal. I plan on being a customer of SCS for a long time.

Thanks to Sue, Wendy and Tinzien for putting this all together.:biggrin:

Neat, she did wind up including that as part of the possible sample offering. Sue and Wendy are working on a matching SC in that scent. :smile:

Seth,

Yes, the avocado oil ASM was one of the samples included in the package, along with lavender and rose. If the rose scent will be same on the shaving cream, then it will be every bit as good as the scent on the my Trumper's Rose SC. No need to get the high-priced spread now.:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention the Orange Sorbet shave stick. The scent says dessert. Amazing.

+1 on the Orange Sorbet stick! And + a whole lot more to rodd for associating it with push-pops. Foolishly I used my 1805 today instead of that Orange Sorbet stick, but methinks tonight I'll pick up some push-pops and tomorrow morning I'll use the stick.

Is the coconut shaving cream supposed to be a little dried out? are you supposed to add water like you do for the soaps? my container had a dent in the cover amd doesn't close correctly and it has seemed to become more soap like. no big deal if I can just add water though ....

The Bay Rum With A Twist ASM is the best feeling and smelling thing i have ever put on my face! Thanks again SCS

### CONUS ONLY ###

Gentlemen,

Sue has reopened the ordering window for CONUS-ONLY members of B&B.

Please contact Sue via the same instructions in the first post of this thread.

Seth

Top Bottom