What's new

Saint Charles lather

New Spice Cream

No matter what I try I seem to get a too runny, seemingly over watered lather....

Any ideas?

I've used 2 different brushes, shaken out....both had the same result

Last edited:
If you have some KMF unscented cream try a squirt of it your bowl when lathering the SCS.

I don't have any luck lathering it either. Some people have no problems and some have the same problems you are having. If you can get it just right, with or without the KMF, it is very good cream

I have not used any of SCS's creams but I have read on here that they are very touchy...but once you find that "sweet spot"...it's good to go!

Perhaps send a PM to Wendy...she might be able to help you find the key!

Several years ago I purchased four tubs of St Charles Shave creams. I ran into the same issue of being to watery and not producing a thick protective cream. I tried less water/more water in the brushes ( boar and badger) but kept having the cream produced thin out after a minute or so. I tried working the lather in a bowl and then on the face. The razor glided over the shaving area and I got OK shaves, but was never thick/creamy and protective, which is what I want in a shave cream. I did not want to waste the product so I started making a super lather with it.

I had some vintage Colgate shave soap that would dry my face out and was not slick enough to get a proper shave. I started adding a half a teaspoon of SCS to the Colgate and started getting a thick, creamy lather that shaved as well as any more expensive cream or soap. When I would rinse off my face between passes I could tell the difference. My face was still slippery even after I rinsed the small amount of lather left on the skin. Over the past two years I have used up two of the tubs this way. I have enough for several more years. I liked the fragrance of the cream but, unless the performance has improved I don't know if I would purchase any more.

Well today I added some Kiss My Face (no fragrance) to it and got a good smelling lather with the 2 combined. I love the smell of them just can't get the lather right on it's own.

Well today I added some Kiss My Face (no fragrance) to it and got a good smelling lather with the 2 combined. I love the smell of them just can't get the lather right on it's own.

The KMF really makes it easier to lather. The SCS creams are quite good and they smell great. I just had to find a way to use them.

Congrats:thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom